CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Limit incidents seen to affected analyst only in the mobile app

• 1.  Limit incidents seen to affected analyst only in the mobile app

Posted Jul 18, 2017 10:38 AM

Hello,

we have two types of analyst users, restricted and manager analysts.

A restricted analyst should see only his own tickets, versus manager who sees all tickets.

My question is for restriceted analyst, I want to let analyst user sees his own tickets when he connects using the mobile app, because when I search Incidents in the mobile App, I can see all tickets (his assigned tickets and tickets assigned to other analysts).

For information when using web interface of SDM, I managed to filter affected tickets using constraint and customisation of scoreboard.

Can data parition constraint help to acheive this configuration or configuration rest api profile?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks in advance.
    Youssef.

• 2.  Re: Limit incidents seen to affected analyst only in the mobile app

Posted Jul 18, 2017 10:41 AM

Yes, you can use a Data Partition to retrict the list of tickets available - you'll create a new Analyst Role with the new restrictions, then in the Access Type use the new Role for the REST API Role. This way, when they login via mobile they'll have the new Data Partition, when they use the web interface they'll have the normal interface.

• 3.  Re: Limit incidents seen to affected analyst only in the mobile app

Posted Jul 18, 2017 10:56 AM

Hello Cristi,

I need help about REST api role to use?

Kind regards.

• 4.  Re: Limit incidents seen to affected analyst only in the mobile app

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2017 11:08 AM

Hassan,

I'm not sure what help you need, but if you provide some details we may be able to assist. The REST api Role is defined on the Access Type (on the Roles tab). You can either create a new Role to populate as the REST Role, or you can use an existing one.

• 5.  Re: Limit incidents seen to affected analyst only in the mobile app

Posted Jul 18, 2017 11:19 AM

Hi Alexander,

My query, I need to limit incidents displayed to only affected when an analyst uses the mobile application.

Tickets of other incidents should not be displayed.

Thanks.

• 6.  Re: Limit incidents seen to affected analyst only in the mobile app

Posted Jul 18, 2017 11:16 AM

I configured constraint assignee = @root.id on Call_Req/View in the assigned data partitionn but when I connect using the mobile application, I can see incidents assigned to other analysts.

Regards.

• 7.  Re: Limit incidents seen to affected analyst only in the mobile app

Posted Jul 18, 2017 12:25 PM

You will need to define a different Access Type for the restricted analysts different than the Access Type for the manager analysts. On the Access Type for the restricted analysts, put the role that is linked to the Data Partition you defined in the REST Web Service API Role.

• 8.  Re: Limit incidents seen to affected analyst only in the mobile app

Posted Jul 18, 2017 12:53 PM

Thank you Lindsay,

I need constraints rules that will limit dispaly of all tickets and restrict to only assigned tickets.

Thanks in advance.
    Youssef.

• 9.  Re: Limit incidents seen to affected analyst only in the mobile app

Posted Jul 18, 2017 01:06 PM

The Data Partition Constraint Rule you defined (assignee = @root.id on Call_Req/View) looks correct. The question is - is it being applied when using the Mobile Application (which uses the REST Web Services API)?

1. What Access Type does the Contact (logging in via the mobile application) have?
    2. For that Access Type, what Role is defined for the REST Web Service API Role?
    3. Does that Role use the Data Partition you defined and is the Override Contact Data Partition flag set to Yes?

• 10.  Re: Limit incidents seen to affected analyst only in the mobile app

Posted Jul 19, 2017 05:10 AM

Hello Lindsay,

Thank you for your reply.

I customised the role socreboard of the access type "Analyste-PosteDeTravail" and in data partition there are two constraint (assignee = @root.id on Call_Req/View) & (status.code<>'CL' on cr_status table).

I receive now an error when I want to modify status in the mobile app (access not permitted).

Any help?

Thanks and kind regards.
    Youssef.rest rolechange incident status

• 11.  Re: Limit incidents seen to affected analyst only in the mobile app
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 19, 2017 01:55 PM

The view constraint on the Cr_Status table  (status.code<>'CL') should be (code<>'CL').

• 12.  Re: Limit incidents seen to affected analyst only in the mobile app

Posted Jul 20, 2017 04:54 AM

Hello Lindsay,

Thank you very much.

Kind regards.

Youssef.