Release Automation

• 1.  How to Delete Unwanted deployment or test deployment

Posted Jul 18, 2017 06:13 PM

Hi all,

We have couple of deployment which are looks like unwanted or we executed for test purpose. Now to pull the reports we want to delete the unwanted deployments. When I tried to delete deployment for respective application from Deployments option under Release Tab but it show below message. Please help me if anyone is having solution.

• 2.  Re: How to Delete Unwanted deployment or test deployment
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2017 04:18 AM

Hi Dadabhau,

You can remove such deployment via JMX. Please follow instruction below.

1: Get the release-id of the deployment you want to remove you can get that by opening that release and checking on URL in browser

2: Navigate to URL change the NAC-IP with your NAC/DMS IP or hostname http://NAC-IP:20203/mbean?objectname=releasecenter%3Atype%3DInfo

3: Invoke method removeRelease passing the release-id captured in step 1

Regards,

Saurabh

• 3.  Re: How to Delete Unwanted deployment or test deployment

Posted Jul 19, 2017 09:42 AM

Hi Saurabh,

While removing one of deployment  I got below error messge along with success message as well. is it good or bad

Invocation successful
    Result value:

Failed stopping release [4858728000]: IllegalStateException - Cannot change execution state for finished release [ReleaseImpl{id=4858728000, name='CH#2323', releaseVersion='null', applicationId=402959000, templateId=-1, releaseResult=FAILURE}]..      Release [4858728000] removed from execution cache successfully.      Release [4858728000] removed from DB successfully.

• 4.  Re: How to Delete Unwanted deployment or test deployment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2017 09:46 AM

Hi Dadabhau,

It looks fine can you please check in your deployments page if you still see this release.

As it says it is able to remove that release from DB.

Regards,

Saurabh

• 5.  Re: How to Delete Unwanted deployment or test deployment

Posted Jul 19, 2017 10:04 AM

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for the help. Release are getting deleted from DB and not shown on dashboard. I guess its because of we are trying to remove the completed release thats why we are getting that first line exception.

Just a last question - how we can gather multiple Release ID from DB or Dashboard instead of one by one from URL? 

• 6.  Re: How to Delete Unwanted deployment or test deployment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2017 10:30 AM

Hi Dadabhau,

I think you should be able to get them with help of below REST API, however it will be based on environment and application.

/datamanagement/a/api/<version>/applications/{appId}/environments/{envId}/releases

Please refer to Release Automation documentation on docops if you need help or you can open REST documentation available on your NAC server by http://NAC-IP:datamanagement/restApi.jsp (replace NAC-IP with hostname/IP of your NAC server)

Regards,

Saurabh