CA Service Management

• 1.  Is it possible to add new Authorization levels?

Posted Jul 19, 2017 12:04 PM

Hi! I'm using the system authorization level and I need to add new ones. Is it possible? How?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to add new Authorization levels?

Posted Jul 19, 2017 04:45 PM

Hi Sebastian - can you give us some insight as to what you are looking to do with the Authorization levels in SDM?  What are you using that to drive specifically?

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to add new Authorization levels?

Posted Jul 19, 2017 05:08 PM

Hi Jon, yes of course. We are a big company and we are using Catalog for multiple kind of services and because of that I have different kinds of approvers. I'm trying to avoid PAM and take advantage of all the ootb services that i can use with catalog. So in the case of authorizations i'm configuring each user with their authorization level, but I need more than the ones by default:

• Level 0 (0) --> No authorization level
    • Level 10 (10) --> Authorization level for bosses with internal category of HAY 7
    • Level 20 (20) --> Authorization level for bosses with internal category of HAY 8
    • Level 30 (30) --> Authorization level for bosses with internal category of HAY 9
    • Level 40 (40) --> Authorization level for bosses with internal category of HAY 10
    • Level 50 (50) --> Authorization level for bosses with internal category of HAY 11

And also if its is possible i would like to change its names. I have 16 levels of HAY and I will need special levels for employees with specific roles (Security Admin, Facilities Administrator, etc)

Best Regards

Sebastian

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to add new Authorization levels?

Posted Jul 19, 2017 07:08 PM

AH ok - you are talking about Auth Levels in Catalog and not in SDM - now I understand.  In SDM you cannot add them, but in Catalog you may be able to.  I am not super well versed in Catalog, but there are some folks out here who may be able to give you the info you need.

Anyone from the catalog side able to assist on this one?

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to add new Authorization levels?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2017 04:13 AM

Hi,

The method for adding extra levels to the approval_shared.xml file is here:

Modify the User and Service Approval Level List - CA Service Management - 17.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

If you access your Catalog in multiple languages, don't forget to update the others as well, not just the one under icusen.

thanks

Iain