Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

MQ Exception dring running a test case

• 1.  MQ Exception dring running a test case

Posted Jul 19, 2017 10:22 AM

Hello All,

I am facing one MQ exception when trying to run a test case which I have created for existing service and running over console. I am getting MQ exception 2538 as detailed below:

============================================================================
    | Exception Executing Messaging/ESB Step: com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2538'.
    | Step:        MQ PMH.FTM.STP.FPG.OSI.REQ  publish
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Message:     MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2538'.
    | Trapped Exception: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2538'.
    | Trapped Message:   com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2538'.
    STACK TRACE
    com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2538'.
        at com.ibm.mq.MQManagedConnectionJ11.<init>(MQManagedConnectionJ11.java:230)

I am not able to understand when deploying service over console we are not facing any MQ exception though all MQ Config details are same as given during creation of MQ service. Can some one tell me where is the issue, why we are facinf issue during test case only while service is running fine over console?

Please help me.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 2.  Re: MQ Exception dring running a test case

Posted Jul 19, 2017 10:39 AM

In addition to above, pleae find more error details in logs:

at com.itko.util.swing.panels.ProcessingDialog$2.run(ProcessingDialog.java:194)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException: CC=2;RC=2538;AMQ9204: Connection to host 'p27563dtw884.machine.test.group (1414)' rejected. [1=com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException[CC=2;RC=2538;AMQ9205: The host name supplied is not valid. [3=p27563dtw884.machine.test.group ,4=TCP]],3=p27563dtw884.machine.test.group (1414),5=RemoteTCPConnection.resolveHostname]
        at com.ibm.mq.jmqi.remote.api.RemoteFAP.jmqiConnect(RemoteFAP.java:2059)
        at com.ibm.mq.jmqi.remote.api.RemoteFAP.jmqiConnect(RemoteFAP.java:1334)
        at com.ibm.mq.MQSESSION.MQCONNX_j(MQSESSION.java:924)
        at com.ibm.mq.MQManagedConnectionJ11.<init>(MQManagedConnectionJ11.java:219)
        ... 22 more
    Caused by: com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException: CC=2;RC=2538;AMQ9205: The host name supplied is not valid. [3=p27563dtw884.machine.test.group ,4=TCP]
        at com.ibm.mq.jmqi.remote.impl.RemoteTCPConnection.resolveHostname(RemoteTCPConnection.java:546)
        at com.ibm.mq.jmqi.remote.impl.RemoteTCPConnection.parseConnectionName(RemoteTCPConnection.java:374)

It is showing kind of conenction error with Host but confused , how it is working fine in Console? How we are able to succesfully deploy over the console? If connection issue is there then it should give same error during deployment of MQ service . Is not it, please help me in sort out?

Thanks..

• 3.  Re: MQ Exception dring running a test case

Posted Jul 19, 2017 01:24 PM

What exactly do you mean by 'console'?  Where are you deploying your test so it works?  Is it on the same physical machine where you get the MQ2538 error with the same test?

• 4.  Re: MQ Exception dring running a test case

Posted Jul 20, 2017 12:06 AM

Hello Kevin,

Console means over VSE server (Lisa Console) where are services are running. Yes it is on same physical machine where MQ service is running fine but test case is throwing exception.

Your help will be appreciated.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 5.  Re: MQ Exception dring running a test case

Posted Jul 20, 2017 03:32 AM

Are you deploying to VSE with the same configuration that you are using in Workstation?  Is Workstation using the same MQ client jars as VSE?  Is Workstation operating under the same firewall rules as VSE?

The error you are getting usually means there is either bad connection information or a networking/firewall issue.  I find it hard to believe you get this error under Workstation but deploying to VSE works fine if you you are running the same VSM, with the same config, on the same physical machine, with the same DevTest install.  There has to be something different between either their configurations or their environments.

• 6.  Re: MQ Exception dring running a test case

Posted Jul 20, 2017 04:15 AM

Yes I am using same configuration in test case and during deploying to VSE. I am not sure about that MQ client jars and firewall, please assist me how to check this. But I am sure it would be same as we are running some more test cases related to other projects and never faced this kind of issue.

Can you help me on web ex if I will open one support ticket on this?

Cheers..

Thanks

• 7.  Re: MQ Exception dring running a test case

Posted Jul 20, 2017 04:24 AM

Kevin,

I noticed one thing. In VSE server , in lib folder below jars are there but in registry (which I am using during opening workstation), these are not there. So this can be reason?

So this can be reason?

• 8.  Re: MQ Exception dring running a test case

Posted Jul 20, 2017 08:22 AM

Hello Kevin,

Some how , I managed to inject or publish message to request queue. But once message is repled back to reply queue, using test case we are not able to subscribe it. We are getting below exception:

| Exception Executing Messaging/ESB Step: com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2085'.
    | Step:        MQ PMH.FTM.ACH_TXB_APS_ACC_POST.REPLY subscribe
    | Message:     MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2085'.
    | Trapped Exception: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2085'.
    | Trapped Message:   com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2085'.
    STACK TRACE
    com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2085'

Please assist as it is stopping our one value add.

Thanks..

• 9.  Re: MQ Exception dring running a test case

Posted Jul 20, 2017 11:10 AM

MQ 2085 means the give queue name does not exist on that queue manager. 

Again, I have to ask, are you *sure* you're using the right configuration?  Check which configuration is active in Workstation.

• 10.  Re: MQ Exception dring running a test case

Posted Jul 20, 2017 11:17 AM

One more thing: this is not a VSM.  You're not deploying it to VSE, you're deploying it to a Coordinator/Simulator, right?  Is the Simulator on the same physical machine?

• 11.  Re: MQ Exception dring running a test case

Posted Jul 21, 2017 02:54 AM

Morning Kevin. Yes this is not VSM, this is test case step we created. And all are on the same machine.

Additionally, we have to check with MQ team, it seems some issues in Flow as we are using reply queue which is already connected to another queue in project team enviornment, that why Lisa is getting error, I assume.

We are thinking different to way to do health check. and this test we are assuming is correct will keep for future purpose.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 12.  Re: MQ Exception dring running a test case

Posted Jul 21, 2017 10:57 AM

> we are using reply queue which is already connected to another queue in project team enviornment, that why Lisa is getting error, I assume.

I'm not sure what this means, but it doesn't sound like something that would explain the 'unknown host name' and 'unknown queue name' errors you've mentioned so far.

• 13.  Re: MQ Exception dring running a test case

Posted Mar 01, 2019 04:39 AM

Hi Kevin,

I have been referring to this post for the errors im facing now. Im facing a similar error while trying to implement IBM MQ native virtualization.

This was the query posted a few days back. Devtest Response Not populated in IBM Native Send Receive Step 

Can you please check and let me know where i have gone wrong.

I came across the portal for where there lots of IBM MQ connection issues with regard to the error

| Message: Error opening queue manager DF_QM, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2538
          | Trapped Exception: Error opening queue manager DF_QM, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code          2538

Connection to host 'localhost(1414)' rejected. 

It's said that a patch has to be applied . Can you check whether im facing the same issue . I have attached my logs for the same in the above link

• 14.  Re: MQ Exception dring running a test case

Posted Mar 01, 2019 04:30 AM

Hi Shivam, Currently im facing this issue. Has this been resolved. If so let me know the steps to be followed to get it resolved .

Thanks in advance,

RVR