Test Data Manager

• 1.  Test Data Manager - Can a variable which is defined have 2 different values based on some logic ?

Posted Jul 21, 2017 08:17 AM

We have 2 different environments A and B, and in each policy we have few hard coded values based on the environment selected.

So based on the environment, we have given few values. If we are using a variable then only one value can be defined.

For this requirement based on environment, I have to take a value from the multiple values. Is there a way I can have this logic written or other way it can be defined. 

• 2.  Re: Test Data Manager - Can a variable which is defined have 2 different values based on some logic ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2017 10:11 PM

Hi Ashima,

Seems to me that you could develop a seed list that would have multiple columns of predefined data and then based on the environment, it would point to a specific row where you could get your variable values from.  Another option would be to create a ARD flow that had a decision rule that would send you down an environment specific branch that would allow you to set your variables based on the environment selected.

Cheers!
    Les.

• 3.  Re: Test Data Manager - Can a variable which is defined have 2 different values based on some logic ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 12:25 AM

Hi Ashima,

Did this work for you?

Please mark the answer correct if it did.

Cheers!
    Les.

• 4.  Re: Test Data Manager - Can a variable which is defined have 2 different values based on some logic ?

Posted Aug 01, 2017 07:41 AM

You can define your variable with if condition or switch case

x = @if(~env~=A, value1,value2)@