CA Service Management

• 1.  SDM - Service Desk tab in blank

Posted Jul 21, 2017 04:53 PM

Hi, after SDM process migration from SDM 12.6 to 17, the Service Desk tab is in blank, others tabs are OK. PDM_Status don't show error or fail and all Windows CA Services are running. The same problem is present in Internet Explorer 10, 9 or Chrome.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

• 2.  Re: SDM - Service Desk tab in blank

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 21, 2017 05:19 PM

Hi Damian,

Is there any error in the stdlogs while loading the "Service Desk" tab? That might help us to determine the root cause.

I would recommend you to click on any other tab > Log out > Log into the application again > Take note of the exact moment (including seconds) when clicking on "Service Desk" tab > See the last stdlog updated and search for any error/warning logged when reproducing the issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pablo

• 3.  Re: SDM - Service Desk tab in blank

Posted Jul 21, 2017 10:14 PM

Pablo #oyapa01, thank for your help
    I followed the instruccions and before run the process i changet the log to verbose mode.
    Reading the log i think there is some file or files in /mods folder not compatible with this SDM 17 ¿is correct this idea?
    I have two lab enviroment
    ServerA. SDM 12.6 with upgrade in place to SDM 17.0
    ServerB. SDM 17.0 (fresh installation) with "MDB Database & /mods" copieds from Server A (after migration to 17.0)
    In ServerA and ServerB after task migration i executred the Configure and works fine without errors. Both servers show the black "Service Desk" tab.

The sdtlog is from ServerB. please ingnore the errors referred to smtp or maileater

STDLOG

Gracias!
    Damian

• 4.  Re: SDM - Service Desk tab in blank

Posted Jul 22, 2017 05:59 AM

Hi,

try to disable (rename as scripts.v126 or move to another place) mods/wwwroot/scripts folder (if you have it), your situation looks like wrong frameset defenition. As I remember js file used to define frameset called product_toolbar.js.

If I'm wrong you can try to get more info from browser's console (hotkey F12).

Regards,

cdtj