Layer7 API Management

• 1.  API Migration Using GMU

Posted Jul 21, 2017 10:22 PM

Hi,

I am using GMU 1.3.00 for API migration. Following are the steps I am following

1. migrateOut the services from the Gateway Instance

GatewayMigrationUtility.bat migrateOut --argFile "D:/GMU/gatewaypropdev1.properties" --dest "D:Codebase/dealerapi/v1/dealer.xml" --defaultAction NewOrUpdate --serviceName /dealerapi/v1/dealer

2. templatize it using template command

GatewayMigrationUtility.bat template --bundle "D:Codebase/dealerapi/v1/dealer.xml" --template "D:Codebase/dealerapi/v1/template/dealerTemplate.properties"

3. migrateIn the services to the gateway after changing the back-end microservice instance details.

GatewayMigrationUtility.bat migrateIn --argFile "D:/GMU/gatewaypropdev2.properties" --bundle
    "D:Codebase/dealerapi/v1/dealer.xml" --templat
    e "D:Codebase/dealerapi/v1/template/dealerTemplate.properties" --destFolder /dealerapi/v1

This is working fine when I am trying to migrateIn the services to same instance of the gateway from where I had migrateOut. However, it is failing when I am trying to migrateIn to another instance of gateway. I am able to migrateIn the fragments but not the services. Following is the error.

Execution failed. Reason: Migrate in failed: Bad Request Resource validation fai
    led due to 'INVALID_VALUES' Invalid private key data

Am I missing any steps? Please guide.

Regards.

• 2.  Re: API Migration Using GMU
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 22, 2017 05:58 PM

try migrateOut with flag --excludeEncryptedSecrets

• 3.  Re: API Migration Using GMU

Posted Jul 22, 2017 11:01 PM

I have tried this and it's working now. Thanks a lot.

• 4.  Re: API Migration Using GMU

Posted Dec 07, 2017 09:20 AM

Hi,

I just had the same error and realized this was due to the encryption passphrase in the properties files being different. Hence GMU was not able to decode the private key.

Regards

• 5.  Re: API Migration Using GMU

Posted Jul 22, 2017 06:05 PM

Are both versions of the gateway the same? What is the source and destination versions of the gateway in the failure scenario?

• 6.  Re: API Migration Using GMU

Posted Jul 22, 2017 11:04 PM

Hi - Both are of same version. I have used --excludeEncyptedSecrets while I migrateOut the services, it's working.

Thanks for the response.

Regards

• 7.  Re: API Migration Using GMU

Posted Mar 26, 2018 04:39 AM

Ive just had to use this for a policy which was throwing the same error message up. This isnt documented in the guide and was a lucky search finding this. Could you update the guide for this please.

thanks