AutoSys Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

I have one issue:- i have job A which triggers after job B succeeds in autosys. i want to add condition in such a way that job A triggers  only it hasn't already run successfully since the last time the job B job ran.

• 1.  I have one issue:- i have job A which triggers after job B succeeds in autosys. i want to add condition in such a way that job A triggers  only it hasn't already run successfully since the last time the job B job ran.

Posted Jul 25, 2017 02:52 AM

I have one issue:- i have job A which triggers after job B succeeds in autosys. i want to add condition in such a way that job A triggers  only it hasn't already run successfully since the last time the job B job ran.

• 2.  Re: I have one issue:- i have job A which triggers after job B succeeds in autosys. i want to add condition in such a way that job A triggers  only it hasn't already run successfully since the last time the job B job ran.

Posted Jul 25, 2017 02:55 AM

i am not able to figure out what condition to be added for above question

• 3.  Re: I have one issue:- i have job A which triggers after job B succeeds in autosys. i want to add condition in such a way that job A triggers  only it hasn't already run successfully since the last time the job B job ran.

Posted Jul 25, 2017 10:30 AM

Use lookack.

Its in the reference guide.

Good luck

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 4.  Re: I have one issue:- i have job A which triggers after job B succeeds in autosys. i want to add condition in such a way that job A triggers  only it hasn't already run successfully since the last time the job B job ran.

Posted Jul 25, 2017 10:30 AM

Use lookback ..

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 5.  Re: I have one issue:- i have job A which triggers after job B succeeds in autosys. i want to add condition in such a way that job A triggers  only it hasn't already run successfully since the last time the job B job ran.

Posted Jul 25, 2017 12:20 PM

I tried but it was not working
    can you please give me that condition
    also job A runs weekly and it has to run only once in a week And it can run on any day of week depending on job B success

• 6.  Re: I have one issue:- i have job A which triggers after job B succeeds in autosys. i want to add condition in such a way that job A triggers  only it hasn't already run successfully since the last time the job B job ran.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2017 10:43 AM

Hi Rishi,

You can use look-back conditions to base dependencies for a job on the last run of another job.

To specify a look-back dependency, enter the job name followed by a comma (,) then HH (hours), period (.) and MM (minutes).

You can consult the following docops page for more detailed information:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-wla-ae-wcc/11-4-2/en/scheduling/ae-scheduling/manage-your-jobs/dependent-jobs 

Thanks,

Roya

• 7.  Re: I have one issue:- i have job A which triggers after job B succeeds in autosys. i want to add condition in such a way that job A triggers  only it hasn't already run successfully since the last time the job B job ran.

Posted Jul 25, 2017 12:19 PM

also job A runs weekly and it has to run only once in a week

• 8.  Re: I have one issue:- i have job A which triggers after job B succeeds in autosys. i want to add condition in such a way that job A triggers  only it hasn't already run successfully since the last time the job B job ran.

Posted Jul 25, 2017 12:20 PM

also job A runs weekly and it has to run only once in a week And it can run on any day of week depending on job B success

• 9.  Re: I have one issue:- i have job A which triggers after job B succeeds in autosys. i want to add condition in such a way that job A triggers  only it hasn't already run successfully since the last time the job B job ran.

Posted Jul 25, 2017 11:58 PM
    One solution would be, as the others say, lookback and you need to decide on which day of the week you start waiting for Job B's success. Another solution might be filetriggers and/or resources between the two jobs. Good luck!

• 10.  Re: I have one issue:- i have job A which triggers after job B succeeds in autosys. i want to add condition in such a way that job A triggers  only it hasn't already run successfully since the last time the job B job ran.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2017 01:08 AM

Hi Rishi,

The condition for Job A should be mentioned as

condition: s(Job B, 0)

• When you specify 0, CA Workload Automation AE examines the last end time of the job first. It then examines the last end time of the condition job. If the condition job has run since the last run of the job for which the condition is coded for, the job is allowed to start. If the condition job has not run since the last run of the job for which the condition is coded for, the job is not allowed to start.

• 11.  Re: I have one issue:- i have job A which triggers after job B succeeds in autosys. i want to add condition in such a way that job A triggers  only it hasn't already run successfully since the last time the job B job ran.

Posted Jul 26, 2017 09:20 AM

thanks, i figured out the same solution :-)