Service Virtualization

• 1.  Error in Virtual Service when deployed to VSE

Posted Jul 25, 2017 11:05 AM

Hi Team,

I have created a virtual service which involves sending one asynchronous response .I have tested the service locally and it is working fine but when I have deployed it on VSE ,I am getting synchronous response but I am getting error in asynchronous response (by checking whether it is received on application or now)

Also I am not able to open the error from Inspection View .I am not able to open the Long Info message.So is there any other way to check the error .I have tried seeing the Logs also but unfortunately I could not find the logs file for VSE.

Can anyone help me with this. Please see below:

Thanks

Sarthak Gupta

Attachment(s)

zip
    vse_matches.log.zip   265 KB 1 version
    zip
    vse-cog-prd-1.log.2.zip   224 KB 1 version
    zip
    VS_GrexxtoO2D.log.zip   42 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Error in Virtual Service when deployed to VSE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2017 03:35 PM

Hello Sarthak,

Try opening the request event details view and see if you are able to locate the error. In addition to vse.log, you should also see a service specific log in logs folder. Please try to post the error details here. 

Thanks,

Surya.

• 3.  Re: Error in Virtual Service when deployed to VSE

Posted Jul 25, 2017 04:05 PM

In your graphic, you are seeing the Show Matches information. As sursu06 pointed out, when you open inspection view CLICK the Event Details button next to the Show Matches button at the top of the display. This might help you with more information.

Your logs are most likely on devtest.kpnnl.local either in the DevTest installation folder (LISA_HOME/lisatmp_x_x.x) or if running Workstation ITR on the server, c:/users/<userAcct> where <userAcct> is the logged on user.  

The VS_Grexxto02D.log, vse.log and vse_matches.log files should be there unless someone pointed the logs to another directory.

• 4.  Re: Error in Virtual Service when deployed to VSE

Posted Jul 27, 2017 08:35 AM

Hi Joel and @sursu06,

Thanks for your suggestions.I have checked the inspection view and in the Event Details section ,I could not find any error message there.

I did not have access to the CA Devtest server.However I got access to that yesterday and I have seen VS_Grexxto02D.log, vse.log and vse_matches.log but I could not identify what is causing the error.I could see in vse.logs that there is a “errors=1” against GrexxtoO2D virtual service but could not find the description.I have attached the logs here also.

Additionally my network team mentioned that the server that I am trying to connect to does not have connectivity from CA Devtest server hence you are getting error from deployed virtual service.May be this is the reason.

Thanks
    Sarthak

• 5.  Re: Error in Virtual Service when deployed to VSE

Posted Jul 27, 2017 10:04 AM

Sarthak,

Verify if you still have the vse.log files for the day you faced the issue. From the screenshot, it looks like the issue happened on 2017-07-25, around the time 14:46:37 (16:46).

This log file might have more details about the error.

Heloisa

• 6.  Re: Error in Virtual Service when deployed to VSE

Posted Jul 27, 2017 12:44 PM

+1 deoma03

Since the VS_ and vse_matches log displays (see below) appear to show a successful response, try running the test again and review the vse.log file to see if any exceptions or displays indicate the service is having issues.

VS_Grexxto02D.log shows inbound request

2017-07-25 14:46:37,192Z (16:46)[GrexxtoO2D [VS_GrexxtoO2D_Run]/1] INFO  - Inbound Request

2017-07-25 14:46:37,192Z (16:46)[GrexxtoO2D [VS_GrexxtoO2D_Run]/1] INFO  - No Session ID

2017-07-25 14:46:37,192Z (16:46)[GrexxtoO2D [VS_GrexxtoO2D_Run]/1] INFO  - Stateless Match Transaction:

2017-07-25 14:46:37,192Z (16:46)[GrexxtoO2D [VS_GrexxtoO2D_Run]/1] INFO  - Response Lookup Completed

vse_matches.log shows match and HTTP 200 OK, Success response.

2017-07-25 14:46:37,192Z (16:46)[GrexxtoO2D [VS_GrexxtoO2D_Run]/1] INFO  - Transaction Navigator Respond from: {"id":5,...."id":12....

2017-07-25 14:46:37,192Z (16:46)[GrexxtoO2D [VS_GrexxtoO2D_Run]/1] INFO  - Response on the Wire HTTP/1.1 200 OK

<SOAP:Envelope xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
     <SOAP:Body>

<cudKPNEENOrderSoapOut xmlns="http://grexxboxx.com/webservices/">
        <--! more stuff here -->
          <cudKPNEENOrderResult>

<result>OK</result>
            <code>0</code>
            <description>Success</description>
          </cudKPNEENOrderResult>

<--! and here -->

vse.log2 starts with 2017-07-26 date/time stamp so we cannot see any additional information.

2017-07-26 03:16:24,206Z (05:16) [Event Sink Thread Pool Thread 1] INFO

• 7.  Re: Error in Virtual Service when deployed to VSE

Posted Aug 03, 2017 08:57 AM

Sarthak,

Did Heloisa's and Joel's recommendations resolve this issue?