CA Service Management

• 1.  New CSS to Forms - Service Catalog

Posted Jul 25, 2017 01:00 PM

Hi there!

I ask if someone is using new CSS to forms? What I mean is if someone have new designs for input texts, selects, tables, check boxs? Something like new themes would be awsome to visually "revive" the forms

For now I just wanna upgrade the CSS of HTML elements used on form.

Later, to upgrade CSS of Service Desk and Service Catalog products, do you have some themes for us to upgrade visually these products?

Thanks and Regards,

Fernando

• 2.  Re: New CSS to Forms - Service Catalog

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2017 03:09 AM

Good Morning Fernando.

Perhaps I overlooked it, but I can not see which CA Service Catalog(SC) release you are referring to in this.
    Therefor I want to let you know that the new SC release 17.0 of the product, does include a 'revised CSS', so to speak.
    With a different look and feel. Different than the current one.

Did you experience that new SC R17.0 visibility already? Somewhere in a test environment?

Thanks and kind regards, Louis van Amelsfort.

• 3.  Re: New CSS to Forms - Service Catalog

Posted Jul 26, 2017 06:31 AM

Hi Louis,

Many thanks for your answer!

We spoke some days ago because the function to clean the rows of the table, if you remember

Well, our SC version is 14.1.01.

Can we replace the css of our product to a new one? Set the CSS from 17.0 to our 14.1.01 ?

The most important now is update the css of the HTML elements of the forms on SC. Our client ask us if we can update the css of the HTML elements, new design, more modern. Just a bit

Thanks and regards,

Fernando

• 4.  Re: New CSS to Forms - Service Catalog

Posted Jul 26, 2017 04:47 AM

Hello Fernando

If you are talking about adding CSS formatting to Service Catalog form fields, please review techdoc TEC1140777 (link) on CA Support Online. It gives a short example of how to do this, which can be used as a basis for your own custom CSS attributes.

Steve

• 5.  Re: New CSS to Forms - Service Catalog

Posted Jul 26, 2017 06:38 AM

Hi Steven,

Many thanks for your answer!

Yeah, we want upgrade a bit the css of the HTML elements of the forms. That Techdoc you refer, the custom css should not be on "CA\Service Catalog\filestore\custom\css" folder?

We noticed that some css styles does not work   there is limitations to apply some styles on HTML elements of the form?

Thanks and Regards,

Fernando

• 6.  Re: New CSS to Forms - Service Catalog

Posted Jul 26, 2017 06:44 AM

Hello Fernando

The techdoc is for applying CSS to form fields (the forms you design in "Catalog", "Forms" and assign to a service option) and not to the Service Catalog UI in general which appears to be what you want to do, based on your previous response to Louis.

Steve

• 7.  Re: New CSS to Forms - Service Catalog

Posted Jul 26, 2017 06:52 AM

Hi Steve,

For now, the most important is the CSS to form fields. If we could upgrade the CSS for Service Catalog UI in general too, that will be very good. But for now, we just want upgrade the design of the form fields. I noticed that there is some limitations on giving new styles form fields. Many styles to background colors and effects does not seem to work. There is limitations on this?

Thx,

Fernando

• 8.  Re: New CSS to Forms - Service Catalog
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 27, 2017 03:44 AM

Hello Fernando

I've looked into this and I can't find any documented restrictions on the CSS which you can apply to form fields in Catalog. I would suggest creating a case if you require further assistance on this or have questions about applying specific CSS styles to certain field types.

Sorry it's not better news.

Steve

• 9.  Re: New CSS to Forms - Service Catalog

Posted Jul 28, 2017 01:16 PM

Hi Steven,

Yes, we will open a case to look into this. 

Thanks for the answers, Steven and Louis. 

Regards,

Fernando