CA Service Management

• 1.  Help to translate employee 'home.htmpl' from english to french

Posted Jul 26, 2017 09:42 AM

Hello,

I have home.htmpl in english language with issue request included.
    We use SDM in french, employees when accessing SDM employee interface they need to have this interface in french.

Here attached both files.
    Need your and guidance to guide me translate employee "home.htmpl" from english to french.

Thanks and regards.

Attachment(s)

zip
    home_FR.htmpl.zip   10 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Help to translate employee 'home.htmpl' from english to french

Posted Jul 26, 2017 09:53 AM

Hassan,

You should simply copy the login.htmpl file from an english SDM system running the same version as your french one, and put it in place on the french system.  You would put it into the site mods on all servers in the environment.

Jon

• 3.  Re: Help to translate employee 'home.htmpl' from english to french

Posted Jul 26, 2017 09:54 AM

Wait - I am confused here.    First, you said that "they need to have this interface in english" - but then you are asking for guidance on translating it from english to french - I am a bit confused.

Can you clarify what the exact need is?

Jon

• 4.  Re: Help to translate employee 'home.htmpl' from english to french

Posted Jul 26, 2017 03:29 PM

Hello Jon,

Sorry, a typo.

Ok, I will test and give you an update.

Kind regards/

• 5.  Re: Help to translate employee 'home.htmpl' from english to french

Posted Jul 26, 2017 04:08 PM

Hello Jon,

I copied home.htmpl in english in my test environnment(french) but employee home is in english.
    Youssefemployee home

• 6.  Re: Help to translate employee 'home.htmpl' from english to french

Posted Jul 26, 2017 04:50 PM

Youssef - we are still not clear on what the need is.  Can you tell us exactly what you have in place now, and what the end goal is?

Thanks,

Jon

• 7.  Re: Help to translate employee 'home.htmpl' from english to french

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2017 02:17 PM

I'm assuming that the concern is that while some text is in French, other text ("Create a New Incident") is not.

The problem is that there is more involved than a single htmpl form, there are other associated forms, and also java script that is all language specific.

My recommendation would be to install a completely French secondary and route the French speaking users to that. Trying to managing the customizations of  two languages in one application server is going to be difficult.