DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Alarm Console

Posted Jul 26, 2017 07:28 AM

Just upgrading from UIM 8.2 to UIM 8.47. Ran through the upgrade in my dev environment and when I started up UMP after the upgrade I noticed that under "Add"  the group "Monitoring Deprecated" is no longer there, can anyone tell me where these portlets have gone please as I use AlarmConsole all of the time for my servicedesk as it provides a good overview of all alarms.

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Alarm Console
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 26, 2017 07:50 AM

Hello!

Yes, is Deprecated since 8.31:

Alarm Console (Deprecated) - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.31 - CA Technologies Documentation 

So No Longer Exists

As of the 8.31 release, the legacy alarm console was deprecated.

So, now, you will have to get used to working with alarms on USM.

To view the history of an alarm, you can click on the "more" button (below the alarm message) and then click on "History".

To view the whole Alarm History, you need to take a look at your right-side and find the "Actions" drop-down list. Once you click on it, you will see a button called "Show Historical", which will show all your historical alarms.

In order to find the ones you need, you may need to arrange some filters.

I would encourage you to take a look at the following links, related to alarms in USM:

Manage Alarms in USM - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Alarm Console

Posted Jul 26, 2017 12:05 PM

Thanks Alex, I appreciate the update, I am now using it in my dev environment, it looks good and more professional. Only problem now is getting it working in my 8.2 production environment before upgrading to 8.47

Kevin