DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Windows Services Profile Configuration

Posted Jul 26, 2017 02:55 PM
      |   view attached

We are currently configuring Windows Services Profile via MCS.

We are at the Alarm Severity and we hope to get help understanding 2 concerns below.

1. What is the difference between “Service Removed” and “Service Profile Removed”?
    2. How can we change the default Severity from “Major” to “Information” so every new profile we set will get the default severity of “Information”?

Kindly advice.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Windows Services Profile Configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2017 10:07 AM

HI,

the two alarms I believe as as follows:

1) Service Removed - this is when a service is detected being removed from the OS itself.

2) Service Profile Removed - this is an alarm about the ntservices profile for a service being removed.

Currently there is no GUI to change the defaults of a template.

I think you might be able to use the MCS command line tool to export the profile or template, make changes and then delete the current one and import it back.

Issue CLI Commands with the MCS Utilities Tool - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documenta… 

I could not find any documentation around this though.

Maybe others who have tried could provide more details.

• 3.  Re: Windows Services Profile Configuration

Posted Jul 28, 2017 05:38 PM
    1. How can we change the default Severity from “Major” to “Information” so every new profile we set will get the default severity of “Information”?

<mel> I hope to get help specific Windows Services. Please help. The CLI you shared is good and I will explore that.

Service Profile Removed - this is an alarm about the ntservices profile for a service being removed.

<mel> I removed one profile but there is no alarm generated.

Thanks again for the response, Gene.

• 4.  Re: Windows Services Profile Configuration

Posted Jul 30, 2017 07:52 PM
    1. How can we change the default Severity from “Major” to “Information” so every new profile we set will get the default severity of “Information”?

You should be able to override it using Severity Overrides and apply the same template to all of the devices in the group, was this not helpful?

• 5.  Re: Windows Services Profile Configuration

Posted Jul 31, 2017 12:52 PM

Phani, thanks for the response. I appreciate the help.

I am trying to change the default at the MCS level and not just the group level. This is also for different profile name.

Thanks again and hopefully someone in the community will further help us.