DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How can I configure QOS for "Disk Latency" metrics in cdm probe?

Posted Jul 26, 2017 11:07 AM

Hi,

I couldn't find a place or path to configure and setup metrics about "Disk Latency" in "cdm" probe.

How can I get the right way to configure this options?

Regards,

Nelson

• 2.  Re: How can I configure QOS for "Disk Latency" metrics in cdm probe?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2017 12:58 PM

Nelson -

Disk Latency metrics can only be configured for the cdm probe from the Admin Console.  Make sure you have the latest GA release of the cdm probe installed then, from Admin Console and select the Disks node in the left hand column.  From there you can configure Disk Latency metrics.

Admin Console cdm probe Disks configuration page

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kathy Maguire

• 3.  Re: How can I configure QOS for "Disk Latency" metrics in cdm probe?

Posted Jul 26, 2017 03:41 PM

Thank you for your help!

Regards

Nelson

• 4.  Re: How can I configure QOS for "Disk Latency" metrics in cdm probe?

Posted Nov 29, 2018 03:56 PM

Hi Kathy, from what I can tell looking at this today actually, you cannot enable this on a per disk correct? I enabled it and I'm seeing it reports it as an overall latency # and not a per disk value.

I need it to report on my C:\ D:\ E:\ drives and need to alert on just if the E:\ disk goes over a certain value. 

• 5.  Re: How can I configure QOS for "Disk Latency" metrics in cdm probe?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2018 04:53 PM

Daniel -

You are absolutely correct.  The Disk Latency metrics can only be configured at the top Disks node from the cdm Configuration page from Admin Console and not at the individual disk node(s).  If you check the cdm.log file at loglevel 5, you will see that the Disk Latency QoS metrics are pulled from the _Total instances from the corresponding PhysicalDisk latency counters.  

• 6.  Re: How can I configure QOS for "Disk Latency" metrics in cdm probe?

Posted Dec 06, 2018 11:31 AM

Hi Kathy, thank you for that clarification. This then is useless. Were trying to figure out what disks have high latency and looking at a production box that has 30 disks all we get is just a very high ##-Million MS # and its cumulative so its not at all helpful. 

Broadcom UIM PM's: This is NOT delivered in a useful way. Will update the other thread asking for this in the IDEA topic.