Clarity

• 1.  Multicast Issue

Posted Jul 27, 2017 05:44 AM

We have an urgent production issue.
    One of our developers deployed an update to a Portlet and this has not propagated to the rest of the servers.
    The update is showing on only one of our application servers.

I have opened a case with CA. Can anyone advise which steps I should be looking to do to resolve this issue? Thanks

• 2.  Re: Multicast Issue

Posted Jul 27, 2017 06:12 AM

All servers are on the same subnet. I logged on to each server individually and was able to ping the other servers accordingly so it doesn't look to be a network issue.

• 3.  Re: Multicast Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2017 06:17 AM

Hi Colin,

You can probably check if beacons are running and this tec doc will help more 

Clarity: How to Test Clarity multicast communication using Jgroups? 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 4.  Re: Multicast Issue
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 27, 2017 08:51 AM

Issue resolved. We checked the network settings and everything was ok.
    When I issued the command - admin tower list clients from the NSA server I could see all of the app servers listed.

The problem seemed to be to do with caching.

In our webfarm I took 1 of the app servers offline and restarted services to refresh the cache. Then I brought the server back online again and when we tested we were then able to see the portlet change as expected.

So I just repeated the above for the remaining servers and it all looks fine now.

• 5.  Re: Multicast Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2017 09:00 AM

Hi Colin,

The cache inconsistency is the key to the issue and the beacon is the engine which maintains the same, I am still surprised why you would even need to clear cache as you might face this again because cache is not consistent across your servers. 

And I believe you have IIS in between and it needs to be looked to ensure the cache is consistent. 

Regards
    Suman Pramanik