CA Service Management

• 1.  Availability of linking knowledge base articles directly within Changes

Posted Jul 27, 2017 08:05 AM

Hello together,

within our current CA SDM solution we are pushing our client in terms of ITIL driven centralized knowledge management. Within incident mgt. and problem mgt. the SDM is supporting us well. As we are also dealing with Change Management (manual procedures and semi-automated processes) I am wondering why there is no direct connection between Changes and given KB articles within CA SDM possible (the whole KM tab is missing within changes).

IMO I see a great benefit of connecting KB articles directly with CO tickets for minimize risk by driving for standards about how changes are documented, have more efficient change approvals and gain visibility. What are your thougths and whats your opinion?

Thanks,
    Michael

• 2.  Re: Availability of linking knowledge base articles directly within Changes
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2017 08:30 AM

Hi Michael,

I understand what you are trying to get here. However, You may want to convert this discussion to an idea so that the community audience can vote on it for future development of such a feature within SDM.

Though with a limited scope for KT, I vote for your this idea.

• 3.  Re: Availability of linking knowledge base articles directly within Changes

Posted Jul 27, 2017 08:36 AM

Hello Maheshwar,

thanks for your prompt feedback. Please can you let me know how to convert this discussion into a idea type? Actually I cant find any convert/change option within the discussion settings.

Thanks,

Michael