CA Service Management

• 1.  Impact of the Incident is updating after attaching a Knowledge Document to it

Posted Jul 27, 2017 06:36 AM

Hi All,

In CA Service Desk Manager, when we attach a Knowledge document to an incident the Impact of the incident is getting reduced from 2 to 5. This is happening for some Knowledge documents only not for all. 

Has anyone faced the same issue previously. Please let us know the possible solutions.

Thanks,

Divya N.

• 2.  Re: Impact of the Incident is updating after attaching a Knowledge Document to it

Posted Jul 27, 2017 07:39 AM

Hi Divya,

The behavior you are getting is expected if you have the field mappings from Knowledge set to override the ticket values in the Service Desk Integration settings (Administration-->Knowledge-->Service Desk Integration-->Field Mappings)

So check if the Impact on the above mentioned setting is checked and set to override Service Desk values?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Impact of the Incident is updating after attaching a Knowledge Document to it

Posted Jul 28, 2017 06:17 AM

Hi Brian,

I have checked the above mentioned settings. Impact field is not checked.

Also, this issue is happening for only some Knowledge Documents not for all and the impact field is empty for those documents.

Thanks,

Divya N.

• 4.  Re: Impact of the Incident is updating after attaching a Knowledge Document to it

Posted Oct 13, 2017 03:53 PM

Hi Divya,

Since you checked into the steps that Brian mentioned, and you do not have impact checked off there, it seems this could either be a bug, or a separate trigger that is causing this.  For this situation, I would recommend opening a support case to have an engineer take a look at it as it may require some tracing on a good and bad example of a document so that we can figure out what is triggering this where we feel it should not be happening.  If you do decide to open the support case, please post the support case number here so that we can follow it through.

Thanks,

Jon I.