Clarity

• 1.  Update Cost Totals :::: Action on Project >Team page

Posted Jul 28, 2017 10:33 AM
    • Enhanced functionality of the Update Earned Value Totals job
      The Earned Value Totals job was renamed to Update Earned Value and Cost Totals to reflect new functionality. This job calculates the earned value and costs for projects and costs for NPIOs. The project or the NPIO can be selected using the Investment Browse field on the job properties page. The job contains parameters that let you select the OBS unit, filter mode for the OBS unit, and the investment manager. The functionality of this job can also be invoked using the object action Update Cost Totals on the Team page of an investment.
    • New Object Action on the Investment Staff pages
      The new object action Update Cost Totals is available on all project and NPIO Staff list and detail pages. This object action calculates the allocation and hard allocation costs. Three new fields (Allocation Cost, Hard Allocation Cost, and ETC Cost) were added to represent these values. The fields were added to capture the cost values in the data warehouse and cannot be broken across the time periods.
      These costs can also be selected on custom portlets that are based on the Team data provider. The Staff list and details pages also display the allocation cost and hard allocation cost.
    • Time Slice Changes
      The following time slices were added or renamed to reflect the new functionality:
      • Added:
        Assignment::ETC Cost
        Team::Allocation Cost
        Team::Hard Allocation Cost
      • Renamed:
        Assignment::Actual Cost (previously Assignment::Actual Cost Curve)

Upgrade Action: None

My understanding - If someone with the access to this option from. the Team page clicks on the Update Cost Totals, this will change the data on the Cost Plans as well ?

Can someone confirm that my understanding is correct on this?

Regards

NJ

• 2.  Re: Update Cost Totals :::: Action on Project >Team page
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 07, 2017 04:11 AM

My understanding - If someone with the access to this option from. the Team page clicks on the Update Cost Totals, this will change the data on the Cost Plans as well ?

No, you'd need to also run "populate from assignments" for the forecast to reflect any changes

It doesn't touch any of the cost plan curves from what I've seen.

• 3.  Re: Update Cost Totals :::: Action on Project >Team page

Posted Aug 10, 2017 01:33 PM

One additional comment, any roles or resources on the project must be financially enabled and have rates assigned or you will get an error.