Clarity

• 1.  Repeat rows in Jaspersoft export to Excel

Posted Jul 31, 2017 07:09 AM

Dear all,

when exporting crosstab adhoc reports to Excel, we have merged rows for each grouping level.
    For post-processing in Excel, it would be great to configure that the value should be repeated in each row.
    As there are several parameters controlling the Excel export in the /WEB-INF/classes/jasperreports.properties, e.g. net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.collapse.row.span=true, I had hoped that it is possible to control this behavor globally or for each report.

Unfortunately, I could not find the right parameter.

Has anyone solved this problem already?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Regards
    Georg

ps:
    I use Jaspersoft 6.2.1

• 2.  Re: Repeat rows in Jaspersoft export to Excel

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2017 07:28 AM

Hi Georg,

Looks to be a bug thought Print Repeated Values does not work in Crosstab | Jaspersoft Community 

On ca cell level property called "PrintRepeatedValues" see if that helps.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Repeat rows in Jaspersoft export to Excel
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 01, 2017 03:44 AM

Hi Suman,

thank you for posting the link!

Unfortunately, this concerns reports created in the Studio and not adhoc reports, so I am not sure how to relate that.

But definitely, it would be an option to change the adhoc report in the JS-Studio afterwards - only the logic of the grouping seems to be pretty static in crosstabs and I have not found a simple way to get the group's value repeated in each row.

Anyway, I have found a workaround:

Just open the adhoc report, add a row group which will have a different value in each row with width="0"

Thank you again, I would be glad if there was a even better solution

Regards

Georg

• 4.  Re: Repeat rows in Jaspersoft export to Excel

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 03:48 AM

Hi Georg,

We do have limitations with Adhoc as not much property can be controlled, but let me see if I can find anything better.

Regards

Suman Pramanik