CA Service Management

• 1.  How do you bulk update the class of CI's whose model has been modified

Posted Jul 31, 2017 04:22 PM

How do you bulk update the class of CI's whose model has been modified from Hardware.Storage -> Other Hardware Storage to Hardware.Storage -> USB Storage Device, for example.

So I have 1000 CI associated with model XYZ.  I went into Admin/CMDB/Models and edited Model XYZ to have class USB Storage Device.  If I go and edit one of those CI's it still shows Other Hardware Storage and the validation doesn't kick in until I've tried changing one of those values. I'd like to update all of those CI to use the updated Model/Class relationship.

• 2.  Re: How do you bulk update the class of CI's whose model has been modified

Posted Jul 31, 2017 04:55 PM

Hi Jerry - GRLoader would be the only recommended way, but you would have to get the ones you want to update into a spreadsheet first so you can update it there and then load it in using GRLoader.

Thanks,

Jon

• 3.  Re: How do you bulk update the class of CI's whose model has been modified

Posted Aug 01, 2017 09:07 AM

Hi Jerry,

I think you can also do this directly on the GUI via the 'Edit In List' functionality, but going this route will be much slower k compared to the GRLoader method proposed by Jon.

Kind Regards,

Brian