Clarity

• 1.  Action Item Sender is always the first initiator not the logged in user

Posted Aug 01, 2017 03:48 AM

While creating process flow which involves multiple steps and each steps has some action item I can see whoever receives the action there the sender is always same as the one who first initiated the process. Shouldn't it be the one who actually logged in and performed the particular step should be the sender?

For example: User A,B,C are there and first step was performed by A user B receives action from A. Then B performs some action to be send to B but the sender still says as A which should be B as B performed that step.

• 2.  Re: Action Item Sender is always the first initiator not the logged in user

Posted Aug 01, 2017 05:56 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Danish,

You observation is as per the present system behavior.

On a step by step approval workflow / process, each notification / action items are generated for specific users, as defined in the process, however, in the Sender field, it would default to the name of the user, using which the process was compiled / deployed.

Refer to the attached document for reference.

Regards,

Samik

Attachment(s)

docx
    Process_Example.docx   207 KB 1 version

• 3.  Re: Action Item Sender is always the first initiator not the logged in user

Posted Aug 01, 2017 08:44 AM

Hi Bassa,

I think sender name is not the one who deployed the process but its coming as one who initiated the process.As in my case process was created and deployed by admin user and then it was initiated by user A so in every step sender name is showing as A.

• 4.  Re: Action Item Sender is always the first initiator not the logged in user

Posted Aug 01, 2017 09:57 AM

Hi Danish,

Thanks for the clarification.

As per the functionality, the system will also default the sender field to the user who is initiating the process. This user should obviously have the necessary access to initiate a process.

In the previous example, I was logged in with the same user, who deployed the process and also initiated the process instance.

Attached screenshots would shows the above point, wherein the sender is reflecting the process initiator.

Regards

Samik