DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Truncated Transaction Analysis

Posted Jul 31, 2017 09:39 PM

Hello! In the chart below we have an image with the result in Historical Query Viewer Ca-Introscope, where stopping the mouse at T * it shows me that we have (Transaction Trace 2696 Truncated Components) is in that part that I do not understand right, where are the 2696 components Truncated?

• 2.  Re: Truncated Transaction Analysis
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2017 10:32 PM

Hello,

The 2696 Truncated Components are the ones that were not traced and were clamped due to hitting the Transaction Trace clamp (introscope.agent.transactiontrace.componentCountClamp) which defaults to 5000. This wiki link has further details:

Using the Transaction Trace Viewer - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

(Looking at the sum of the Calls in the Summary View Tab it seems to be around the 5000 mark)

Hope that helps

Lynn

• 3.  Re: Truncated Transaction Analysis

Posted Aug 01, 2017 08:57 AM

Hello, Lynn! Good Morning!

In my language(PT_BR) this truncated word is kind of strange ...
    So then the result of the expression componentsNotShown: [1 TO 9999] is where transactions are stuck (Application Problems?)

So in the case the total of components with problems is the tip (2696 components Truncated)?

Att

PotterMan

• 4.  Re: Truncated Transaction Analysis

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 10:40 AM

POTTERJ

You appear to be a new APM Community member. Welcome! We hope that you find this community helpful and invaluable. And encourage you to post additional questions as needed! 

That being said, can other customers help provide additional guidance on what is happening with truncated components?

Thanks

Hal German 

APM Support

• 5.  Re: Truncated Transaction Analysis

Posted Aug 01, 2017 11:20 AM

Hello! Hallet! Yes! Thank you!

So! This is what I want to know! I want to understand the print I put up right!
    Introscope generates a lot of doubts, would you have an analysis of this screen that I put up?

Att

PotterMan

• 6.  Re: Truncated Transaction Analysis

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 01:33 PM

Dear PotterMan:

I have asked APM Support and the Community (in a second post) to respond . In the interim,please check out the link provided for assistance

Thanks

Hal German

• 7.  Re: Truncated Transaction Analysis

Posted Aug 01, 2017 04:05 PM

Dear Hallett, Thank You!

Another thing in Historical Query Viewer is what other expressions we can use, such as (componentsNotShown: [1 TO 9999]) ... if you know

Att

PotterMan

• 8.  Re: Truncated Transaction Analysis

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 07:02 PM

Hi PotterMan

> So then the result of the expression componentsNotShown: [1 TO 9999] is where transactions are stuck (Application Problems?) So in the case the total of components with problems is the tip (2696 components Truncated)?

The truncation does not indicate a stuck transaction/stall. It is purely due to the default transaction clamp limit which is there to avoid potential very deep transaction traces that could use more cpu etc and impact the agent performance/instrumented application performance.

>Another thing in Historical Query Viewer is what other expressions we can use, such as (componentsNotShown: [1 TO 9999]) ... if you know

Here is the wiki page for "Query Stored Events" which should help: Query Stored Events - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope that all helps.

Regards,

Lynn