DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  UMP 8.2 failure

Posted Aug 01, 2017 06:02 AM

I am going through a series of upgrades to get to 8.51, I have just installed 8.2 in a test environment to test upgrading to 8.47 as we have seen some issues when upgrading to 8.47. I have primary hub and SQL server installed okay and all working fine, however I built a UMP server and installed UMP but get the following;

Apache Tomcat/6.0.26 - Error report

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:   An error occurred at line: 1 in the generated java file The type java.io.ObjectInputStream cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files  Stacktrace:      org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:92)      org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:330)
    Any suggestions appreciated
    Thank you

• 2.  Re: UMP 8.2 failure

Posted Aug 01, 2017 11:55 AM

Hi Hazard,

What version of Java are you using?  UMP 8.2 is pretty old, so Java 8 will likely not work.

Thanks,

Mary

• 3.  Re: UMP 8.2 failure

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 05:49 AM

Hi hazard

also, are you trying to upgrade or install Unified Reporter as well?  Also, where do you get this error? When you try to connect to the UMP? Or for a specific portlet?

Kind Regards,

Martin Fink

CA Tech Support

• 4.  Re: UMP 8.2 failure

Posted Aug 03, 2017 05:56 AM

Hi Martin, no I was not installing Unified Reporter. I got the error trying to connect to UMP, I could not even get the login screen. Interestingly though I decided (as it was my development lab) to go straight up from 8.2 to 8.47, at the end of the install of UIM and UMP UMP worked fine, so not sure at the moment what it was.

Kevin 

• 5.  Re: UMP 8.2 failure

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 10:52 AM

Is it working now Kevin?

• 6.  Re: UMP 8.2 failure

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2017 10:45 AM

Hello Kevin, is this working now and this thread can be marked as answered accordingly ?

Thanks and kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support