Rally Software

• 1.  Where to install CAAgileCentralConnectorforTFS2017WorkItemsInstall?

Posted Aug 01, 2017 10:48 AM

I need to sync TFS 2017 and Rally per Microsoft TFS for Work Items Installation & User Guide | CA Agile Central Help  instruction, is the instruction for installation in the Team Foundation Server or should it be installed in the local machine (developer's laptop)?  Just want a confirmation.  Thank you in advance.

Installation For Windows

Double-click the CAAgileCentralConnectorforTFS2017WorkItemsInstall-4.7.3-master-17.exe to open the install wizard. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.

The Windows installer will install the following files (by default in C:\Program Files (x86)\CAAgile CentralConnectorforTFS2017WorkItems):

• ca_agile_central2_tfs_connector.exe: Executable to run the connector
    • tfs_config.xml: Sample configuration file
    • WinTail.exe*: Utility to tail the log file output for debugging purposes
    • starttfs.bat: Batch file that automatically runs the connector and shows the log file; useful for testing

*WinTail is a free text file tail utility for Windows, generously made available by Bare Metal Software Pty Ltd. for redistribution without restriction. We have found it to be far superior to Notepad and other text editors for watching log files in real time as they are updated by the connector.

CAAgileCentralConnectorforTFS2017WorkItemsInstall-4.7.3-master-21.exe

• 2.  Re: Where to install CAAgileCentralConnectorforTFS2017WorkItemsInstall?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 06:00 PM

Hi Ray,

The connector does not need to be installed on the same machine TFS is installed on.  TFS just needs to be accessible on the network from your selected connector platform.  

• 3.  Re: Where to install CAAgileCentralConnectorforTFS2017WorkItemsInstall?

Posted Aug 04, 2017 03:36 PM

Thank you Bello01, by any chance you also know the answer to this question?  

What is the equivalent of "AgileCentralVCSConnectorforMicrosoftTFSforWindows1.4.3" that supports TFS 2017?  I see a "AgileCentralWICforMicrosoftTFS2017_VSTSforWindows4.7.3" but this looks like for WorkItem and not a VCS Connector.

In the previous version of the plugin I see "Microsoft TFS/VSTS for Work Items" and "Microsoft TFS for Version Control" these supports TFS 2013, TFS 2015. Does the new "AgileCentralWICforMicrosoftTFS2017_VSTSforWindows4.7.3" plugin combines both? This is my confusion.