Test Data Manager

• 1.  Error creating CSV for MSSQL...

Posted Aug 01, 2017 11:01 AM

Hi, I'm having trouble creating a table in sql, starting with a .csv.

Could you please help me in this mistake.Please.

• 2.  Re: Error creating CSV for MSSQL...

Posted Aug 01, 2017 12:53 PM

Could you include the full SQL you tried to execute? From the bits of the error I can translate, it appears to be a data typing issue. But from the pieces of the query I can see, you have VARCHAR(100) set everywhere.

• 3.  Re: Error creating CSV for MSSQL...

Posted Aug 01, 2017 01:27 PM

Hello, who is making the definition is Javelin himself

• 4.  Re: Error creating CSV for MSSQL...

Posted Aug 01, 2017 03:40 PM

Ah! Ok. So you are using a function in Javelin to create a DB table in SQL server from a csv. Can you tell me which versions of Javelin and SQL server you are using? Are you using the "Import CSV to Data Table" and then trying to create that table in SQL server or some other method? Sorry for all of the questions, but I am not familiar with a direct method in Javelin to do this and want to understand the problem better before jumping to a solution.  

Thanks,

Brian

• 5.  Re: Error creating CSV for MSSQL...
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 02, 2017 05:08 PM

Hello Brian, I got the problem solved, the error was.

Inside the function.

This lupen of creation was duplicated, and for this reason was doubling the "Varchar (100).

This Image above is the correct form.

• 6.  Re: Error creating CSV for MSSQL...

Posted Aug 04, 2017 09:52 AM

Nice work! Is it doubling the creation box on its own? Or was this just an inadvertent add? Now I know to keep an eye on it in the future.

• 7.  Re: Error creating CSV for MSSQL...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2017 05:10 PM

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for posting the screenshot with the error in it.  As a helpful suggestion, could you also post the text so we can take it to an English Translator S/W package so we can understand the rest of the verbiage?

Thanks!
    Les.

• 8.  Re: Error creating CSV for MSSQL...

Posted Aug 02, 2017 08:29 AM

Hi Rafael, are you able to answer Brian's questions so that we can research a solution for you?

If you would like further one on one troubleshooting, please open a support case by going to https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or calling one of these numbers http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html

Best regards,

Taylor