Gen EDGE

• 1.  Free Gen 8.6 sample model RI build error

Posted Aug 02, 2017 07:25 AM
      |   view attached

I'm trying to build RI triggers for the sample model that comes with Free Ca gen 8.6.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit  on a 64-bit machine.

The database is oracle 12c 64bit.

The compiler is visual studio 2015.

When I reviewed "CASCADE.out" I found a warning at the beginning of the file as follows:

***WARNING*** Attempting to build GUI Application with 64bit compiler.
    ***WARNING*** OPT.BITS changed to 32 for GUI Application build.

and at the end of "CASCADE.out" I found a linker error as follows:

Compiles for CASCADE DLL Dependencies done.

...Linking CASCADE DLL
        link /OPT:NOREF  /NOLOGO /NODEFAULTLIB:LIBCMT /DLL /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS  /entry:_DllMainCRTStartup@12 /OUT:"C:\CA\Gen86Free\Gen\Samples\Models\sample.ief\c\CASCADE.DLL"  /implib:"C:\CA\Gen86Free\Gen\Samples\Models\sample.ief\c\CASCADE.LIB" /def:"C:\CA\Gen86Free\Gen\Samples\Models\sample.ief\c\CASCADE.DEF" @"C:\CA\Gen86Free\Gen\Samples\Models\sample.ief\c\CASCADE.LNK"
       Creating library C:\CA\Gen86Free\Gen\Samples\Models\sample.ief\c\CASCADE.LIB and object C:\CA\Gen86Free\Gen\Samples\Models\sample.ief\c\CASCADE.exp
    E3407893.OBJ : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _sqlcxt referenced in function _f_219938828
    F1021505.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _sqlcxt
    F1021445.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _sqlcxt
    F1021469.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _sqlcxt
    E3407895.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _sqlcxt
    E3407892.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _sqlcxt
    E3407896.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _sqlcxt
    E3407894.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _sqlcxt
    C:\app\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\precomp\LIB\ORASQL12.LIB : warning LNK4272: library machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'
    C:\CA\Gen86Free\Gen\Samples\Models\sample.ief\c\CASCADE.DLL : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
    Stop.
    Link step using C:\CA\Gen86Free\Gen\Samples\Models\sample.ief\c\CASCADE.LNK failed with errors.
    IEFSIGNAL:FAIL
    *** Build process for RI module CASCADE Failed.  Review Results. ***
    Important!  Review above for any errors.

When I reviewed the scripts at \bt\scripts it seems that I'm using wrong machine type.

But I couldn't find any place to set the machine type to 64-bit.

Any idea about a solution to this problem.

Thanks

Attachment(s)

zip
    CASCADE.out.txt.zip   2 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Free Gen 8.6 sample model RI build error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2017 10:50 AM

Osama,

For GUI C clients, Gen creates 32bit executables only.

For C servers and C blockmode clients, Gen can create 32bit or 64bit executables.

From the cascade.out file, it shows "Environment: WINDOWS" which means you have set TPMonitor to Windows in the  Toolset generation parameters.  Having TPMonitor set to Windows means that the cascade will be built to be included in a GUI C client, which means 32bit.

If you are trying to generate/install the cascade to be included in a C server or a C blockmode client, you will need to set the Toolset TPMonitor to IEFAE.  The re- generate/install the casecade.

If you are trying to generate/install the cascade to be included in a GUI C client, you will need to leave the Toolset TPMonitor set to Windows, and, set the Build Tool OPT.BITS to 32.  Since the GUI C clients are 32bit only, you will need to install the 32bit version of the Oracle 12 client.

• 3.  Re: Free Gen 8.6 sample model RI build error

Posted Aug 02, 2017 01:19 PM

Thanks a lot. I tried it and it works.