The DoD Strong Password Security Level has the following requirements:
- at least 15 characters total
- at least two uppercase alphabetic characters (A B C …)
- at least two lowercase alphabetic characters (a b c …)
- at least two integers (1, 2, 3 …)
- at least two special characters (! @ # …)
If you wish to use this Security Level make sure your super password meets these requirements before you select this Security Level. Failure to do so will result in the inability to login as super. You will get stuck in a loop being prompted to change the super password. You will see a green flash, indicating that the password was changed, but you will immediately see the message that the password must be changed. If you try to close this window you will be logged out of PAM.
Support can easily resolve this problem, if the SSH Debug patch is installed and Remote Diagnostics is enabled. If we cannot login then you will have lost the ability to login as super. Please take care to avoid this possibility.