Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to develop a test step like HTTP / HTML Request in workstaion

Posted Aug 03, 2017 03:10 AM

Need to be implemented in a native step like http / html  Request Step。

• 2.  Re:  How to develop a test step like HTTP / HTML Request in workstaion

Posted Aug 03, 2017 10:42 AM

Can you provide the group with any additional information as to what you are trying to accomplish?

DevTest provides several different types of steps. The documentation links below might be helpful in determining the type of request best suited to your requirement.

HTTP-HTML Request Step - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation  

REST Step - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Web Service Execution (XML) Step - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation  

• 3.  Re:  How to develop a test step like HTTP / HTML Request in workstaion

Posted Aug 03, 2017 10:07 PM

Need to be implemented in a native step like http / html  Request Step。

• 4.  Re:  How to develop a test step like HTTP / HTML Request in workstaion

Posted Aug 07, 2017 10:45 AM

Are you trying to create a custom step, or do you want to know how to use an existing step?

• 5.  Re:  How to develop a test step like HTTP / HTML Request in workstaion

Posted Sep 06, 2017 01:25 PM

Jeff's 

I am try to create a cutom  step,and how use ide debug it .

• 6.  Re:  How to develop a test step like HTTP / HTML Request in workstaion
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 06, 2017 01:30 PM

ChenJY,

You may want to look at this thread where I have pointed out several resources for using the DevTest SDK to create custom steps and data protocol handlers.

https://communities.ca.com/thread/241782610-custom-test-step-for-build-xml-dynamically-based-on-the-input-tag

• 7.  Re:  How to develop a test step like HTTP / HTML Request in workstaion

Posted Sep 06, 2017 02:46 PM

Truong

How to debug  in the implementation process.

• 8.  Re:  How to develop a test step like HTTP / HTML Request in workstaion

Posted Sep 06, 2017 06:24 PM

I recommend that you add a lot of debug output statements in your code to print out things like values of variables and basic checkpoints to confirm the correct path of the code is executed. A simple System.out.println(""); will print it out to a console. But a more robust logging approach is to use log4j Logger class which log your output to a file. There are examples of log4j in the resources I posted in the other thread.

A more advanced debugging technique is to start DevTest in JPDA (Java Platform Debugging Architecture). This allows you to see your code in your IDE executed in real-time. You can optionally add break points in your IDE and step through the code while inspecting runtime objects.

To do this with Eclipse IDE - you have to edit the vmoptions file for the appropriate DevTest component. For example, if you are creating a custom step then you'll want to edit Workstation.exe.vmoptions. If you are creating a custom data or transport protocol you'll want to edit the VirtualServiceEnvironment.exe.vmoptions and/or VirtualServiceEnvironmentService.exe.vmoptions, etc.

You'll need to add the following lines to the vmoptions file:

-Xdebug
    -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=16000,server=y,suspend=y

In my example I'm using port 16000 (e.g. address=16000), but any available port can be used.

In Eclipse you'll need to add a new run configuration under Remote Java Application and specify the host and port where DevTest is running

• 9.  Re:  How to develop a test step like HTTP / HTML Request in workstaion

Posted Sep 05, 2017 08:56 AM

Jade,

Can you respond to Jeff's last reply?