CA Service Management

• 1.  site-defined condition - Transfer

Posted Aug 02, 2017 05:44 PM

Hi community

I would like to create a site-defined condition or a condition which will be used to transfer the change order work flow task to the manager if the supervisor is on holiday/not available ?

Any Help With that

• 2.  Re: site-defined condition - Transfer

Posted Aug 03, 2017 03:32 AM

Hi Mohamed,

Can you let us know in your environment how do you identify if or when the supervisor is on holiday\not available directly is Service Desk? This for me is the main challenge. Without being able to determine this, what you are trying to achieve won't be possible. 

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: site-defined condition - Transfer

Posted Aug 03, 2017 04:59 AM

Hi Brian;

i thought that unchecking the availability check box will do that; but i realized that available check box functionality is for not assigning the tickets for him.

regarding to your concern, that is what iam asking for community help, i need to either use condition or button to be used by the administrator himself to escalate the supervisor pending tasks as he knows who is in holiday or not.

• 4.  Re: site-defined condition - Transfer

Posted Aug 07, 2017 02:58 PM

Hello Mohamed,

I dont undertstand your question.

When will the workflow task transfer? 

Are you trying with a status behavior put a SPEL action to check and transfer task? The action could check the task and if your conditions are met automatically will transfer task to the person you define.

Regards,

Yonatan Sosa

• 5.  Re: site-defined condition - Transfer

Posted Aug 08, 2017 03:37 AM

Hello Yona;

Thanks for your response, what iam trying to achieve is i want a condition/action to transfer the workflow task to a manager if the supervisor is unavailable (holiday). in other meaning if the task assigned to someone and that person is on holiday the action is delegate the task to his manager.

i already defining in the contact's details and especially in the organization the supervisor for each person.

Thanks and Best regards;

Mohamed El-Fahd 

• 6.  Re: site-defined condition - Transfer

Posted Aug 08, 2017 09:03 AM

Hello Mohamed,

I understand what you want, what i dont understand when this action will be triggered.

How i said you could use a behavior this could check when task change to a specific status, for example wait to pending and in that moment the action will check if the person assignee to the task is in holiday and it will transfer task to the manager or supervisor, that is really easy with an action macro.

Regards,

Yonatan Sosa