Continuous Delivery Director

• 1.  dynamic values for custom plug in

Posted Aug 04, 2017 04:07 AM

Hi,

Now that i am able to build the custom plug in, the next step is to populate dynamic values for a specific field e.g. for a custom java plug in, if i enter '@' key under project-key field, it should populate a list of all projects available on that JIRA instance.

I tried using some sample examples but i am getting null pointer exception.

"ERROR c.c.r.p.f.PluginServiceAppService - Failed to get dynamic values for template parameter id: 282
    java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper.treeToValue(ObjectMapper.java:2330)"

The error seems to be coming from one of the dto codes.

Is there a template or standard manifest.json that i need to follow to be able to populate dynamic values for a specific field?

Best regards,

Amit Joshi

• 2.  Re: dynamic values for custom plug in

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2017 04:10 AM

Hi,

Sounds like a question for Walter,   guewa01 can you help answer this question?

Regards

Keith

• 3.  Re: dynamic values for custom plug in

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2017 08:47 AM

I m following up with the client with a call on Tuesday to take a look at this issue. I will post the results in this thread after talking to him.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: dynamic values for custom plug in
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2017 10:43 AM

I worked with the customer in the creation of the correct controller/utility classes to process the dynamic values in CDD. I will be updating the how-to guide to include dynamic values.