Clarity

• 1.  Advanced Reporting - Domain Measures

Posted Aug 03, 2017 12:16 PM

In writing some advanced reports utilizing the Domains.  I have been asked questions about the built in measures.  Is there a place, document, or within Advanced Reporting, to view the definition of the built in measures?   I am not asking this because I think that the measures are incorrect.  It is because we sometimes see odd results mixed in a returned set of data that appears very odd.  Knowing the definition of the measure would help us to better explain the results and/or lead us to correct data within our projects.

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Advanced Reporting - Domain Measures

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 12:30 PM

Dear Michael:

Can you please provide an example of the measure that you are looking at ?

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Advanced Reporting - Domain Measures

Posted Aug 03, 2017 12:44 PM

Hal,

Thank you for the quick response.  This actually came up this morning.  The ad hoc view is using the Project Management Domain and a Measure called DaysLate.  We can see that it is (mostly) working in that the measurre "appears" to be looking at the project finish date and comparing it to today (view run) and will display the number of days late the project is. 

For example, a project with a FinishDate of 7/31/2017 and a view rundate of 8/3/2017 calculates to 3 days late.  Another example would be a project with a Finishdate of 8/15/2017 and a rundate of 8/3/2017 cacluates to 0 days late.  As I said, this works most of the time.   But we also have an example where the project finish date is 7/28/2017 and the rundate of 8/3/2017 and the days late is calculating at 36.  We feel this last example is incorrect for obvious reasons.  In looking more deeply into the project we cannot find any date field which would return these results--that is if the measure, assuming the measure is not using the finish date as the anchor.

With those examples, we would like to look under the covers of the measure to better understand what it is evaluating so that we can either fix the project, or create a custom measure that better meets our needs.

Again, Thank you.

Michael.

• 4.  Re: Advanced Reporting - Domain Measures

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 01:54 PM

Dear Michael:

As I suspected. your issue has nothing to do with APM which is concerned with Application Performance Monitoring. I believe that issue is about PPM, so I moved your question.

To get the quickest response, please check that you are placing your query in the correct group

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: Advanced Reporting - Domain Measures

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2017 01:35 AM

HI Michael.

We did not provide any document on how the domains are created but if you see the values incorrect thats because either the DWH job had errors. Its worth to query the data in database and compare the result. 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 6.  Re: Advanced Reporting - Domain Measures

Posted Aug 04, 2017 10:20 AM

Suman,

Thank you for your reply.  I would like to clarify.  It is not that we feel that the measure is incorrect.  It is that we want to better understand how the measure is calculated so that we can determine what may be incorrect in the project.  We have examined the project(s) in question and do not see any errors.  By understanding how the measure is calculated (which fields, etc.) we will be able to pinpoint this issue and potentially others in the future.

Thank you.

Michael Tognetti