IDMS

• 1.  how to get "old-style" pdf manuals for IDMS PRODUCTS

Posted Aug 03, 2017 03:05 PM

if this has been presented before, my apologies

go to docups.ca.com

enter IDMS as product - select CA IDMS - 19.0

in the left column select CA IDMS Guides to Docops mapping

the right column seems to display the old-style PDF documents for the entire product

this does not seem to work for messages - although there is an entry - it seems to allow only a message by message lookup

• 2.  Re: how to get "old-style" pdf manuals for IDMS PRODUCTS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 04:14 PM

Hi Chris,

You can create PDFs of the whole online space or a particular topic, by clicking the PDF icon on the top right of a page:

• To create a PDF of the whole space, click PDF on the CA IDMS - 19.0 Home page.
    • To create a PDF of a topic, click PDF on that page. 

Regarding the Messages pages, we are currently working to fix the problem that other Message topics are not available. When the issue is resolved I will post a message on Communities. 

Thanks,

• 3.  Re: how to get "old-style" pdf manuals for IDMS PRODUCTS

Posted Aug 03, 2017 09:57 PM

absolutely - i hit enter too soon

i don't want a pdf of the entire IDMS space

I don't want a pdf of a topic

I want a PDF that covers one specific product (say, system generation)

what I described in my original post seems to do just that - after I click on an entry in the right column - click the PDF button and I have created a manual that strongly resembles the R17 era (or dare I say bookmanager?) format documents - which IS what I want

• 4.  Re: how to get "old-style" pdf manuals for IDMS PRODUCTS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2017 12:25 PM

Hi Chris,

You are correct.  If the guide title that you clicked in the right column included (reference), the content in the DocOps PDF is almost a one-to-one match to the bookshelf PDF reference guides.  To clarify what I mean by "pdf of a topic", that title in DocOps is considered a topic, so the output is a PDF of that topic and its children, and for the reference topics the PDF looks like the bookshelf PDF guides.  

However, you will not get the same one-to-one match for the DocOps guide titles that do not include (reference), because they are organized by function. 

Thanks.