Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Can you parse SM_Usergroups to only return just the CN of a group instead of the full DNs of each group..

Posted Aug 03, 2017 02:09 PM

Can you parse SM_Usergroups to only return just the CN of a group instead of the full DNs of each group.. 

Ex:

cn=sales,ou=org,o=com

cn=marktering,ou=org,o=com

I just want 

cn=Sales 
    and CN=Marketing

CA SM 12.52 SP1 CR05  

Thanks,

Calvin Grier Jr 

• 2.  Re: Can you parse SM_Usergroups to only return just the CN of a group instead of the full DNs of each group..

Posted Aug 03, 2017 07:31 PM

Operators - CA Single Sign-On - 12.52 SP1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Take a look at :

ENUMERATE Function--Test Set Elements

Example 1

Virtual User Attribute #GetCN set to RDN( STRING(%0),FALSE)

ENUMERATE(SM_USERGROUPS, #GetCN)

• 3.  Re: Can you parse SM_Usergroups to only return just the CN of a group instead of the full DNs of each group..
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 03, 2017 07:32 PM

Yes, we can even eliminate CN=

Create an Expression Response and add the following.

ENUMERATE(SM_USERGROUPS, STRING(RDN(STRING(%0), FALSE)))

RESULT : 'OnlyGroupName=Adminprofile_ABC^Advancefprofile_ABC^Group0^application1-Group-admin'

OTHERWISE : 'AllGRP=cn=Adminprofile_ABC,dc=ca,dc=com^cn=Advancefprofile_ABC,dc=ca,dc=com^cn=Group0,dc=ca,dc=com^cn=application1-Group-admin,dc=ca,dc=com'

• 4.  Re: Can you parse SM_Usergroups to only return just the CN of a group instead of the full DNs of each group..

Posted Feb 15, 2018 11:30 PM

Where and how would I write this expression when I am setting up a SAML partnership and how would I add the FMATTR for a multivalued attribute.  I need to map the memberOf AD user attribute to a role for a Red Hat EAP SP SAML Adapter

• 5.  Re: Can you parse SM_Usergroups to only return just the CN of a group instead of the full DNs of each group..