DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Find information from InUseConnectionCount

Posted Aug 03, 2017 02:49 PM

Hello,

Where do I find information from InUseConnectionCount, I searched here but did not find it!

Att

PotterMan

• 2.  Re: Find information from InUseConnectionCount
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 03:24 PM

Dear PotterMan:

Welcome back. You did not say what application server this is for. My guess is JBOSS. If so , this will help answer your question. Check teh JBOSS docs then for further info.

https://communities.ca.com/thread/241722807

https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/jboss-a-developers/0596100078/ch04s05.html

You might occasionally want to adjust the pool size to account for usage; you are more likely to be curious how much of the connection pool is being used. The ConnectionCount attribute shows how many connections are currently open to the database. However, open connections are not necessarily in use by application code. The InUseConnectionCount attribute shows how many of the open connections are in use. Viewing the statistic from the other direction, AvailableConnectionCount shows how much room is left in the pool.

Please let me know if this is helpful and mark as correct if it answers the question

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Find information from InUseConnectionCount

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 03:26 PM

Other APM Admins: 

Do you have anything else that you wish to add on using and interpreting this metric?

Thanks

Hal German

• 4.  Re: Find information from InUseConnectionCount

Posted Aug 03, 2017 04:11 PM

Yes it's JBOSS ...

Thank you very much for the tips (Information). In the image Below we have a data point returned in APM
    See if I am correct:
    Value = 49 Number of connections
    Min = 3 Min number of connections
    Max = 49 Total number of connections
    Count = 2 Connection number at data point

Is that correct?

• 5.  Re: Find information from InUseConnectionCount

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 10:17 PM

Hi PotterMan,

In general the "tooltip" attributes Value, Min, Max, Count for a metric data point represent the data reported by Agent for the corresponding 15 second period, which is the EM Harvest cycle:

Metric Requirements and Recommendations - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

This link describes the attribute meanings: Work with Data Viewers - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

So attributes represent:

Value - exact (current) value at end of period.

Min - min value during the period.

Max - max value during the period.

Count - the number of values processed during the period.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Lynn