CA Service Management

• 1.  Field in the database does not appear but is seen in the schema

Posted Aug 04, 2017 03:08 PM

regards

I would like an orientation, I have a column that is shown in the schema designer but at the database level I do not have any result because I execute the pdm_publish command does not display anything.

any ideas

schema

sql

• 2.  Re: Field in the database does not appear but is seen in the schema

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2017 03:32 PM

Hi Jonathan,

In the schema designer you need to Save and Publish, then stop SDM Services and run pdm_publish. Did you follow those steps? If so, try doing a dummy change in schema designer, Save and Publish, then stop SDM Services and run pdm_publish and see if any changes.

Regards,

Pablo

• 3.  Re: Field in the database does not appear but is seen in the schema

Posted Aug 04, 2017 03:50 PM

Hi pablo

I know I have to save the changes and publish them but I do not get anything

Regards

• 4.  Re: Field in the database does not appear but is seen in the schema

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2017 04:21 PM

Thanks Jonathan.

I think we need to do some troubleshoot to find the root cause. Checking the pdm_publish in NX_ROOT\bin I can see that it will create %TEMP%\cd_nx.cmd and this should look like: pushd C:\PROGRA~2\CA\SERVIC~1\bin and pdm_publish will call pdm_publish.pl located in the same folder.

Please check the following:

1)  Can you check if cd_nx.cmd is created and has information similar to pushd C:\PROGRA~2\CA\SERVIC~1\bin 

2) check if the .pl file exists in the same bin folder.

3) Try running cmd as an Administrator and run pdm_publish again. If the issue remains, send as the result of pdm_publish > publish.log

Regards,

Pablo