AnsweredAssumed Answered

CA APM 10.5.2 OS shift from SuSE to RHEL 7.x

Question asked by bwcole on Aug 4, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 11, 2017 by Hallett_German

Currently we have CA APM 10.0 running on virtual servers with SuSE and we are planning our upgrade to 10.5.2 and our UNIX admins have offered RHEL virtual servers to replace our current servers.

So my initial plan is to clean install APM 10.5.2 on RHEL 7.x then as the agents are upgraded, have them report to the RHEL APM cluster.  I really don't want to try to figure a way to export/migrate SmartStor data so keep the SuSE APM 10.0 environment for 90 days and set the unmount time on the agents in the 10.0 environment to 130,000 minutes.  That way if any of the APM end users need access to the older metrics, they can switch over to the 10.0 APM environment.

The created elements such as Management Modules, JavaScript Calculators, custom email script should all port directly over.  There are setting that we have had in the Enterprise Manager configuration since 9.0.5.6 to 9.1.1.1 upgrade that I am not sure if we still need.  

introscope.enterprisemanager.metrics.live.limit=500000
introscope.enterprisemanager.query.datapointlimit=0
transport.outgoingMessageQueueSize=6000
introscope.enterprisemanager.application.overview.baselines=true
introscope.enterprisemanager.events.limit=1250
introscope.enterprisemanager.metrics.historical.limit=4000000
introscope.enterprisemanager.query.returneddatapointlimit=0
introscope.enterprisemanager.dbfile=data/baselines.db

Do we still need to add these settings, or is there a guide in addition to the installation guide that has this type of additions for 10.5.2?

Has anyone attempted to switch OS for the APM EM cluster?

Anyone have any advice on this effort?

Thank you,

Billy

Outcomes