Rally Software

• 1.  Agile Central VCS Connector for Microsoft TFS

Posted Aug 04, 2017 01:09 PM

What is the equivalent of "AgileCentralVCSConnectorforMicrosoftTFSforWindows1.4.3" that supports TFS 2017?  I see a "AgileCentralWICforMicrosoftTFS2017_VSTSforWindows4.7.3" but this looks like for WorkItem and not a VCS Connector.

In the previous version of the plugin I see "Microsoft TFS/VSTS for Work Items" and "Microsoft TFS for Version Control" these supports TFS 2013, TFS 2015. Does the new "AgileCentralWICforMicrosoftTFS2017_VSTSforWindows4.7.3" plugin combines both? This is my confusion.

I'm new to Rally/Agile Central so I'm hoping someone can shed some light into what I need for Team Foundation Server 2017.  

• 2.  Re: Agile Central VCS Connector for Microsoft TFS
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 04, 2017 04:48 PM

Hi Quad71,

We have not yet updated our TFS VCS connector to support TFS 2017, so the last version we certify support for is TFS 2015. Support for 2017 is in our backlog, but not on our roadmap at this time. 

Thank you,

Mia

• 3.  Re: Agile Central VCS Connector for Microsoft TFS

Posted Aug 09, 2017 09:26 AM

I apologize I'm new to Agile Central the TFS VCS Connector is the plugin to sync commits right? By any chance you know of the ETA for this?

• 4.  Re: Agile Central VCS Connector for Microsoft TFS

Posted Aug 09, 2017 12:27 PM

No apologies necessary. The VCS connector isn't a plugin, but it does take info from the commits and posts changeset information on the appropriate Agile Central artifact. We do not have an ETA of when we'll make the update to support TFS VCS 2017, but we do have this in our backlog. If you have any other questions for what the general setup of the connector looks like, you can check out our installation help page: TFS VCS Installation & User Guide | CA Agile Central Help 

• 5.  Re: Agile Central VCS Connector for Microsoft TFS

Posted Aug 31, 2017 11:58 AM

Just wondering if there is a change on the status for the VCS connector support for TFS 2017.  Or do you know of a workaround at this time?  Thank you in advance.