AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can I start a VSE docker container with a dynamically assigned ip address?

Question asked by ihullu on Aug 4, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2017 by ihullu

I have a problem when I want to execute the docker run command to start a VSE container. I tried the example in the documentation. What I noticed is that I needed to supply the ip address of the container as part of the name argument

(so: -n tcp://ipaddress_container:2013/VSE). When I do not supply this argument or use some rubbish input I get errors like below. I used : -n tcp://bla:2013/MyVSE  here.

java.rmi.RemoteException: JMS Messaging problem with ServerRequestHandler for tcp://bla:2013/MyVSE Could not connect to broker URL: tcp://bla:2013?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0. Reason: java.net.UnknownHostException: bla; nested exception is: com.itko.jms.JMSException: Could not connect to broker URL: tcp://bla:2013?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0. Reason: java.net.UnknownHostException: bla

So it looks like I can only start a VSE docker container with a fixed ip address. I do not know what ip address will be asiigned dynamically before actually starting the container. Or is there another way?

(And why is it saying it cannot connect to broker URL because this has nothing to do with a broker but a VSE?)

Cheers

Izaak

Outcomes