Service Operations Insight

• 1.  Change import defaults of SOI ehealth-connector?

Posted Aug 07, 2017 03:00 AM

When SOI imports groups from ehealth as services, it applies the "HasMember" propagation policy to the CIs in that service. I would like to change this default to a custom policy, e.g. "IsAffectedBy".

How would this be done?

• 2.  Re: Change import defaults of SOI ehealth-connector?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2017 01:35 PM

Hi Jan,

My suggestion would be to read the service modeling section in the following SOI wiki document before you make any changes.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-operations-insight/4-0-cu1-sp2/en/administrating/service-modeling

- Right click the service you would like to make changes to

- Click Edit service and it is going to open up on service modeler window

- In Service Modeler you'll see the service to CI relationship pointing in one direction. Click on the RelationShip Tools button (6th from the left on Topology tab), select the IsAffectedby relationship, select the service then drag the cursor from the service to the CI. Save the service.

Note: Changing to custom relationship is one step. You'll have to define your custom policy as well. If the service is modeled in eHealth and imported in to SOI then your custom relationship will be overwritten when the same service is reimported from eHealth. It would be best if you built the service (with a unique name) in SOI and add the eHealth CIs in to them.

Thanks

Shaheen 

• 3.  Re: Change import defaults of SOI ehealth-connector?

Posted Aug 16, 2017 03:20 AM

Hi Shaheen,

I think my question may have not been put precisely enough:

What I wanted to achieve was to change the default behaviour of the ehealth connector, i.e. I always want it to apply my own propagation policy when importing ehealth groups, rather than using "Has Member".

Regards

Jan