CA Service Management

• 1.  Error on item with two forms

Posted Aug 04, 2017 03:30 PM

Hi! When I asign two forms for the differents offers in an unique item the SDM ticket won't open.

This is my case:

Item = Notebook Lenovo

Offers assigned = New Laptop and Change Laptop

I need differents forms because the information changes depending on the offer where we select it. Both forms have differents text boxes and java scripts. I configure them as Disabled when I don't want to show one form. I do it with this condition: $(_.service.name=='NEW LAPTOP') for the one on the offer "CHANGE LAPTOP" and this condition $(_.service.name=='CHANGE LAPTOP') for the offer NEW LAPTOP.

The scripts and text boxes work fine separately and opens the SDM ticket fine, but when I configure both the SDM ticket won't open. Any ideas what could be?

Best Regards

Sebastian

• 2.  Re: Error on item with two forms

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2017 01:36 AM

Good Morning Sebastian.

This sound/seems to be best taken care of in a standard case, rather than handling this in the community.

When you agree, then please do open a case through CA Support Online.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and kind regards, Louis van Amelsfort.

• 3.  Re: Error on item with two forms

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2017 05:28 AM

Does the request all display correctly in Catalog? If the problem lies with the action to open an SDM request, I'd recommend checking the event-rule-action definition that does it.

Also, are you on 14.1? There are a few fixes in 14.1.04 for action-related problems.

thanks

Iain

• 4.  Re: Error on item with two forms

Posted Aug 07, 2017 09:44 AM

Hi Lain! Yes, everything is display as expected, the problem as you say is in the action.

I will try the new fixes because I'm on r14.1.02.02_6D9057

Thank you!

• 5.  Re: Error on item with two forms

Posted Aug 09, 2017 02:56 PM

I don't find the SC release 14.1.04, do you know if it is available for download?

• 6.  Re: Error on item with two forms

Posted Aug 09, 2017 03:16 PM

Hi Sebastian,  its not a separate ISO.  Its Cumulative Patch #4.  You can find the information on it here: CA Service Management 14.1 Cumulative Patch 4 (14.1.04) General Availability Announcement 

Thanks

Jon I.

• 7.  Re: Error on item with two forms

Posted Aug 14, 2017 03:26 PM

Thank you, I will try to install it and test it. Even though I opened a case to solve it but I still don't have an answer.