Service Virtualization

• 1.  Hi I am new to CA LISA . I want to know how to insert a new stateless transaction in an existing VSI which was created by using RR pair

Posted Aug 05, 2017 12:55 PM

Hi I am new to CA LISA . I want to know how to insert a new stateless transaction in an existing VSI which was created by using RR pair

• 2.  Re: Hi I am new to CA LISA . I want to know how to insert a new stateless transaction in an existing VSI which was created by using RR pair

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2017 11:30 PM

Please review the documentation on how you add a Stateless transaction:  

Transactions Tab for Stateless Transactions - DevTest Solutions - 9.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

To view and edit stateless transactions, use the Stateless Transactions list. To add, move, or delete stateless transactions, use the toolbar at the bottom of the pane.

• 3.  Re: Hi I am new to CA LISA . I want to know how to insert a new stateless transaction in an existing VSI which was created by using RR pair

Posted Aug 08, 2017 02:49 PM

Hi Shiney

Thanks for your reply.....I have just one more query while adding a new stateless transaction ...will i have to add all the arguments and attributes of the request and the response manually one by o e or can it be somehow loaded from the Request-Response pair ?

• 4.  Re: Hi I am new to CA LISA . I want to know how to insert a new stateless transaction in an existing VSI which was created by using RR pair
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2017 03:07 PM

Put your new rr-pair into its own directory. Right-click the service image folder in your Workstation, and select "Create new service image; from request-response pairs". The generation wizard starts.

Choose the name of your already-existing service image. If you choose the name correctly, a radio button will become available directly under your image name, called "merge into". Select this, (double-check, because the other option is "replace", and that will overwrite the service image) and the rr-pair will be inserted into your service image, rather than creating a new one.

I suggest you backup the previous VSI file before you start, so you can try it a couple of times and verify that it worked correctly.