Symantec Access Management

• 1.  SharePoint proxy server giving 503 error

Posted Aug 07, 2017 03:04 PM

Hello,

I have installed and configured two Sharepoint proxy servers, its basically adding two servers to the existing two servers stack which are working as expected. I did not have to run the claims since partnership is already created with existing servers.

Now, when I access login.fcc on two new proxy servers its giving me 503 error even though proxy server is up and running and agent is loaded as per server.log. I am not seeing any agent.log, agenttrace.log created even though the ACO name and path to the files are correct. Trusted host was created and able to see them from wamui, no errors in the policy server logs, restarted the proxy server multiple times but it did not resolve the issue.

Is there a way to resolve this issue?

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: SharePoint proxy server giving 503 error

Posted Aug 11, 2017 12:22 PM

503 is service unavailable. It makes sense why there is no agent.log and agenttrace.log.

Can you attach your server.log and nohup log, remove any sensitive info if you feel uncomfortable sharing.

• 3.  Re: SharePoint proxy server giving 503 error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 11, 2017 08:08 PM

Yes, there are ways to resolve this:

- review your server.conf file, especially the virtual hosts section

- review your httpd.conf, and ensure that the ports and listeners are alright

- I always suggest that you troubleshoot from first principles - trace the HTTP request along, to see how far it has proceeded (whether it has reached the HTTPD server, the Proxy Engine, and then the agent on the Proxy Engine etc.)

- open a ca support ticket