Clarity

• 1.  Customizing and Out of the Box Report

Posted Aug 07, 2017 12:02 PM

Good morning!  We just upgrade to 15.2 over the weekend and I'm playing around with reporting.  Can you tell me if there is a way to customize an out of the box report to what I need?  I want to use it as a starting point and just remove some of the fields I don't need and save it for use. 

i.e. I'm looking at the 'Resource Time Review by Manager' report.  I don't want to see the task name and then the days of the week, I just want to see the resource manager, resource, number of hours and the status of the timesheet. 

• 2.  Re: Customizing and Out of the Box Report
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 08, 2017 05:10 AM

Hi GrantL01,

you should not directly modify OOTB report. You can copy the report and modify that using jasper studio. Later, you can import your version with a little bit of different name. So, your required report will be there and the OOTB report will also be intact.

• 3.  Re: Customizing and Out of the Box Report

Posted Aug 08, 2017 06:03 AM

Thank you, I wasn't going to edit the OOTB report itself, but use it as a starting point for a report I wanted to create.  I appreciate the response and will work on getting Jaspersoft Studio on my computer.  Thanks you again.

• 4.  Re: Customizing and Out of the Box Report

Posted Aug 10, 2017 01:28 PM

Agreed!

• 5.  Re: Customizing and Out of the Box Report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2017 08:26 AM

Better to deploy reports in the custom folder after you took copy of OOTB reports and modified.

Thanks

Senthil