CA Service Management

• 1.  How to restrict a user to select a specific sub category in incident area while opening an incident

Posted Aug 08, 2017 06:52 AM

Dear Team i have a question to ask. we have some incidents catagories in ca services  desk . for these catagories we have subcatagories related to the main. we want to restric our user to only select a specific sub catagory byr droping down  from amin catagory to avaoid confusion. please provide a solution

• 2.  Re: How to restrict a user to select a specific sub category in incident area while opening an incident

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2017 09:31 AM

Hi Usman,

This can be only achieved with the help of some level of customizations i.e. Datapartition.

You may want to add a new 'Data Partition Controlled Tables' i.e for Problem Category (pcat object) for the list to restrict the number of areas that you want to show.

For example : select Table Name as Prob_Category

Constraint Type: View

constraint : sym like 'Software.%' 

This will list you only categories which starts with Software while creating a Incident Ticket.

• 3.  Re: How to restrict a user to select a specific sub category in incident area while opening an incident

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2017 09:51 AM

Hi Usman,

Just a small correction, you may not need to add any new 'Data Partition Controlled Tables' as there is out of the box table already defined for pcat object i.e. Prob_Category (Request Area table).

All you need to do is create a new data partition on this table and create e new constraint as mentioned in my previous comments i.e. as below

Table Name:  Prob_Category

Constraint Type: View

constraint : sym like 'Software.%' 

save the above constraint and this will restrict the data partitioned selected user from viewing the sub areas apart from "Software."

Note: Need to logout and login back for the constraint to take effect.

Let me know if helped to resolved you query. If yes, Please mark it as answer correct

• 4.  Re: How to restrict a user to select a specific sub category in incident area while opening an incident

Posted Aug 09, 2017 01:21 AM

We are not  want to use restriction on showing some feild we have a secenerion like

CRM (Main catagory)

CRM.adhoc bill (subcatagaory)

we just want that if user select only CRM  then it must not be placed in the incident area feild unless he select the sub catagory

• 5.  Re: How to restrict a user to select a specific sub category in incident area while opening an incident
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 09, 2017 04:30 PM

Just make the CRM category inactive. The structure will remain but the users will not be able to select the Main category.