Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Do we need the full OTK 4.1 for SAAS Portal enrollment

Posted Aug 08, 2017 10:30 AM

For SAAS Portal enrollment we need certain features from the OTK.

However, we are using the OTK building blocks, to only sync Organisations and Applications and their parameters such as scope's and client-id as configured on the CA SAAS API Portal.
    After this, we use certain parts of the OTK, to sync this information towards our own hand-built Authorization server, which is managed by a seperate team and integrates to our mainframe backend.

Because of this, i would like to know, if we really need all these building blocks, for the limited functionality we are actually using?  Can somebody help us out here  

• 2.  Re: Do we need the full OTK 4.1 for SAAS Portal enrollment
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2017 04:54 PM

Following is what was documented in OTK v3.6 introductory video and I am checking on OTK v4.0 to see if any changes and if we can get something back in the doc to instruct users on a base single gateway cluster configuration.

• 3.  Re: Do we need the full OTK 4.1 for SAAS Portal enrollment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2017 12:11 PM

Alex,

Just to confirm that the screen capture you added is the scaled down amount of options required to run the integration.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 4.  Re: Do we need the full OTK 4.1 for SAAS Portal enrollment

Posted Aug 18, 2017 08:06 AM

Hello,

I wonder if we really need the oauth endpoints though? 
    Since we are not running an oauth server on the api gateway, do we need the oauth endpoints for the integration?

• 5.  Re: Do we need the full OTK 4.1 for SAAS Portal enrollment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2017 12:52 PM

Confirmed with SME for v4.0 the following.  Will get documentation updated to include this.  

For a single node you will need:

• DMZ, OAuth 2.0 ….
    • Internal, Server Tools
    • Shared OAuth Resources

For the question about OTK, it is needed for some of the API Explorer and API/Application functionality so although you don't need it the application is expecting it to be there for Developers to explore this authorization if they want to test their applications with it.  The Enrollment of the external tenant gateway will fail without it installed because I know for sure that it looks for the JDBC OAuth resource when enrolling.