Clarity

• 1.  Key words to look after a job failure

Posted Aug 09, 2017 10:05 AM

Hi All,

There are Jobs scheduled in our environment and I went into few of the Jobs which are failed.When I go into app-ca.log. It is very cumbersome to check for the Cause of job failure.

Are there any key words to look into? so that we can easily identify the root cause instead of checking the whole congested message in the Security.Logs page?

Please advice.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Key words to look after a job failure

Posted Aug 09, 2017 10:13 AM

JOB failures would usually be in the bg-ca.log rather than the app-ca.log (since jobs are executed by the BG service not the APP service).

As for what to look for; hmmmm date/time stamp might be a good place to start. But if your log files are full of errors making finding stuff difficult then you might have more significant problems than just the occasional job failure (or your log level set too detailed).

• 3.  Re: Key words to look after a job failure

Posted Aug 09, 2017 10:34 AM

I have noticed the below Log files from the Log File drop down list.

admin.log
    app-access-YYYY-MM-DD.log.gz
    app-access-YYYY-MM-DD.log
    app-bootstrap-ca.log
    app-ca.log
    app-security-violations.log
    app-system.log
    app-trace.xml
    warmup.log
    healthreport.xml
    beacon-system.log
    app-gc.log
    app-dwh.log

I may have missed other Log files to mention, What Info is being stored or caught by these Log files ?

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Key words to look after a job failure

Posted Aug 09, 2017 11:15 AM

Hi Jaya,

You will get the complete details for each of these respective logs and the contents it stores in the following document , available on the following link:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-2/en/administration/csa-ca-ppm-system-administration/csa-maintain-and-monitor-ca-ppm#CSA… 

Regards,

Samik

• 5.  Re: Key words to look after a job failure

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2017 11:28 AM

Hi Jaya,

If you are checking from security.logs Check how many server you are having in the server list.

bg services can be deployed in separate server.

Select the other servers in the list and look for the bg-ca.log files for job failure related errors.

If you have Clarity System Administrator access select the properties of the server  and go to the Background  link and check whether Run Job Scheduler check box is selected to confirm in which server the bg services is deployed.

Run the command Service status all command in all the CA PPM Servers to confirm in which server bg service is deployed.

Once you get the bg server  information check the bg-ca.log file for all job related failure infromation.

Regards,

Arun