Clarity

• 1.  Uploading Report w/Subreports (created in Jaspersoft Studio)

Posted Aug 08, 2017 05:27 PM

Good Day Community,

I am working on a report which includes Subreports (actually it has two and I will want to add another).  So I am practicing the upload process into CA PPM (14.3).    The report was already published to CA PPM and I have uploaded the JRXML for the main report already.  I need to now upload both of the sub-reports.  I do realize that this should not be done via Jaspersoft Studio and have used the method described in another document here in the community. The main report was successful.   I am now trying to load up the sub reports. 

I have progressed to the next element (Controls & Resources) and scrolled down to see the sub reports and clicked "Add Now".  This took me to the next screen to link to "Locate File Resource" where I browsed to my local copy of the JRXML  I then clicked Next;  At this point I received an error:  " ! The file name does not match the expected pattern: ^.+$.  The filename is:  PH_PRJ_ProjectStoryboard_Issues_Subreport.JRXML.  As you can see, there are no special characters nor spaces in the file name.  The file path is:  C:\Users\mictog\JaspersoftWorkspaceV2\MLT_TEST\EPMO Test 1\<file name>  (please note, there are spaces in the path; however, I also tried it in a path with no spaces and received the same error).

The file (path) I selected is valid and the file name matched the selection at the Controls & Resources page.  This behavior is the same for both subreports.

Thank you for any help and guidance you can provide.

Edit:  After further review, I "think" I understand that ^.+$ is a REGEX expression which looks for alphanumeric characters [0-9][a-z][A-Z] and the period "." only.  This appears to exclude the underscore "_" used in the file name.  However, this is not a new subreport and has been loaded up into our prod environment with this same name. 

Again, thank you in advance for any guidance.

• 2.  Re: Uploading Report w/Subreports (created in Jaspersoft Studio)
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 09, 2017 01:10 AM

Hi mtognetti ,

! The file name does not match the expected pattern: ^.+$ error is due to file partern security added in jasper soft which sometime make subreport upload very difficulty via manaul way.

I will suggest you to upload report from jasper studio, and if you are SAAS Client then you need to connect to jasper server to studio by creating a new user in jasper via  advance report link in CA PPM.

You can also refer to link Create and Publish Jaspersoft Studio Reports - CA PPM - 14.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

this will work fine with 14.3 as well, also while uploading Sub report from studio to jasper server you just need to provide jasper report path relative to jasper server not as per a local machine. if you are publishing report from jasper studio then jasper will create a report unit folder with main.jrxml(main report) followed by other elements associated with them, so relative path for these elements will be there ID(or name). However if you have uploaded sub report as main japer report in different folder then path will be as per jasper server.

For example if you are uploading a brand new report with some sub report then it will ask you for changing expression.

Please go through below example: where I have change expression for one of the sub report, similarly we need to change expression for other report as well.

Also you need to ensure expression for these sub report in main report to be "subReportName.jrxml" before uploading these reports.

Do let me know if you are to publish your report successfully

Regards,

Prashank Singh

• 3.  Re: Uploading Report w/Subreports (created in Jaspersoft Studio)

Posted Aug 09, 2017 06:52 PM

Prashank,

Thank you.  I do belive that I have successfully loaded my subreports.  Unfortunately, I also believe I overlooked a different issue which is causing my overall report (when subreports are attached) from working (causes over 500 pages to be resolved).  For that, I believe it is best that I open a new question (hopefully I will be able to include pictures).

Michael.

• 4.  Re: Uploading Report w/Subreports (created in Jaspersoft Studio)

Posted Aug 10, 2017 01:22 AM

Hi mtognetti 

I have seen similar issue, where sub report and page stuck and regenerate page n number of times and resolved this issue by increasing main report page height. This issue is related to height of report or any other band with sub report causing jasper report to create false pages.

Regards,

Prashank Singh