CA Service Management

• 1.  Restrict access to Problem Module

Posted Aug 09, 2017 08:11 AM

What is the correct way to create a register in functional access table to control the access to Problem module using the default variable fac_pr that is present in the menubar to control the create problem menu.

• 2.  Re: Restrict access to Problem Module

Posted Aug 09, 2017 09:47 AM

Hi Paulo,

I am not sure I follow you here.  Can you give us some information on specifically what you are trying to accomplish here?  What is the need/requirement or what are you trying to control in the menubar specifically?

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Restrict access to Problem Module

Posted Aug 09, 2017 09:56 AM

In menubar we have, by default, this line: if ($ACCESS.FAC_pr >= 2 )

It restricts access to the New Problem menu.

I know that is possible to create a new line in function access that takes advantage of the fac_pr clause.

What I want to know it how to correctly insert an item in funcional access table to use this restriction

• 4.  Re: Restrict access to Problem Module

Posted Aug 30, 2017 06:58 PM

Hi Paulo,

To be honest I am not sure how to do that.  Its not something that we have a lot of experience in from a support standpoint as that would be a customization that is outside the scope of support. The best practice to restrict menu items would be to create a form group for those folks who you want to restrict problems for, and edit the menubar in that form group to simply remove the "problem" items from it.   The menus should really be controlled by using form groups.  Function access really restricts more of what the users can or cant do with items that they DO have access to.  Where as editing the menus will actually remove the function all together.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jon I.