ESP Workload Automation

• 1.  job triggering

Posted Aug 09, 2017 11:45 AM

How do you setup the use of SCHID feature in CA7 to use the same JCL with the SAME job name to run a different version of say a 'batch cycle'?  I have a need to run say 30 jobs out of my master flow of 500 jobs.  I'm working with the SCHID number to control the jobs (1-255 ids).  However, existing jobs with RQJOB records are carried over when I set the job up in the new SCHID #.

• 2.  Re: job triggering

Posted Aug 11, 2017 11:10 AM

SCHIDs on job requirements are for determining what SCHID of the JOB (named on the DB.2.4 panel) is to have the requirements attached.  In other words if you have JOBX with a requirement of JOBY under SCHID 10, then only when JOBX enters the queue with SCHID 10 will the requirement of JOBY be attached.  The SCHID has nothing to do with the requirement satisfaction.  You would need to set up your various SCHIDS of JOBX (as in this example) to have only the requirements it needs under the specific SCHID.  If you need further help with this topic, please open a case in Support Online and a support representative will be glad to help.