Clarity

• 1.  Remove Tasks and Documents or Projects from View in New UX?

Posted Aug 09, 2017 12:12 PM

We have upgraded our Dev environment to 15.2 and are in the process of testing. I've looked through the help guides that I could find, and I understand that the new UX is not "customizable" but can you at least add/remove certain things from the views? 

For example, can a timesheet only resource ONLY see the timesheet option and not the projects option, even if they are assigned to a project? If they DO have to see the projects option, can we remove Tasks and/or Documents from their view (we use SharePoint to store project documents)? 

Thank you in advance!

• 2.  Re: Remove Tasks and Documents or Projects from View in New UX?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 13, 2017 03:59 PM

I'll try to keep this short:

• Sections shown are based on rights
    • So to answer your question, a basic timesheet user shouldn't see them and if they do check for navigate rights.
    • It appears you cannot just activate the timesheet new UX, without also having the projects and resource.
    • if you activate the new timesheet UX you can't use the Old UX for timesheets, as it is hidden

Currently there is very limited configuration of the new UX, so turning on and off parts such as tasks isn't possible without customisation.

• 3.  Re: Remove Tasks and Documents or Projects from View in New UX?

Posted Aug 14, 2017 09:43 AM

Thank you! Even though it's not the answer I wanted to hear, this answers my question!